Avocado Chapati (Roti) | Avocado paratha | Avocado Flat Bread Recipe (Vegan) Plant-based with detailed photo and video recipe – Simple and nutritious Avocado Chapati (Roti or Phulka) recipe for super soft, puffy and healthy round Indian flat breads. 100% whole wheat flatbread made with avocados. These avocado paratha are great for breakfast!
I had no idea what an avocado looked like till I moved to US and now it’s one my favorite things to eat. Avocados are very rich in fats but at the same time super healthy.
They are rich in monounsaturated fat – the good fat which keeps your heart healthy. Other than being rich in good fat, they also have plenty of magnesium and potassium in them and are also a good source of fiber. With so many health benefits, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be eating them. The fact that they taste great is an added advantage!
There’s so much we can do with Avocados – make dips, use them in pizzas, salads, sandwiches, pastas etc. I make the avocado sandwich quite often for breakfast and will definitely share the recipe on my blog soon. It’s super easy to make, very filling and also very tasty. It is or let’s say it was my favorite way to eat avocados, I say “was” because today I found the best way to eat this fruit in a very Indian way – Avocado Paratha!
Avocado is considered a “super food”. Do you know it improves your skin and helps prevent many life threatening diseases. Though high in fat (healthy fat), it helps in weight loss. I had a ripe avocado which I added to the wheat flour and prepared a dough.
The avocado chapatis or avocado parathas were super soft and very delicious. Do try this healthy, super soft and delicious chapathi with the goodness of avocados!
Avocado Chapati (Roti) | Avocado paratha | Avocado Flat Bread Recipe (Vegan) Plant-based video recipe :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make avocado paratha with step by step :
1.Peel the avocado and take out the pulp [also called avocado meat].
2. Add to avocado pulp to a blender
3. Add salt, green chilies, ajwain/carom seeds and add little water. blend thoroughly combined.
4. In another bowl measure 1 cup of whole wheat flour [atta]. Add the blender avocado mixture to the flour.
5. Starting mixing the avocado mixture with the flour.
6. Knead to a smooth dough, adding little water if required.
7. Drizzle some oil on top to coat the dough ball. Cover and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
8. Heat up a tawa/skillet on medium heat and in the meanwhile makes equal size balls from the dough.
9. Take one ball, dust it with flour and flatten it using your palm.
10. Roll the paratha thin using a rolling pin.
11. Place the paratha on the heated tawa/skillet and let it cook.
12. Once you see little bubbles, flip the paratha and drizzle some oil on top.
13. Flip again and drizzle oil on the other side as well. Flip again and press with a spatula for few seconds.
14. Serve hot with curd, pickle or some curry.