Beetroot rice | Beetroot pulao in instant pot with detailed photo and video recipe –
Beetroot Rice or Beetroot Pulao is a delicious and healthy one pot rice dish made with beetroot and peas in pulao style in Instant Pot pressure cooker.
Takes less than 30 min to prepare.It is perfect for lunch boxes, that your kids and your family would love to have it.
It is the most attractive and flavoured recipe out of all. perhaps it is because of the bright and attractive colour the beetroot vegetable applies to the rice. in addition, the combination of sweet and savoury spice cannot be matched by any other rice recipe. generally, pulao recipe is savoury to spice in the taste.
Health benefits of beetroot
Beets are excellent source of folate, manganese, potassium, and copper. They are also a known source of magnesium, phosphorous, vitamin C, iron, vitamin B 6, and dietary fiber. They are low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
This beetroot pulao is slightly spicy with the sweetness of beetroot coming through in the spiced rice. Kind of a complexly flavored dish that makes for a healthy meal and tastes good as well.
The recipe can be made quickly in a pressure cooker. You can also make this rice dish in a pot or pan.
Serve this lovely colored beetroot rice with some raita or a side salad or plain yogurt.
Beetroot Rice with detailed video recipe :
Beetroot pulao recipe :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Beetroot pulao in instant pot with step by step :
1.Press SAUTE mode on Instant Pot. Add oil and once it’s hot add Bay leaf, Cinnamon stick, Cardamom, Cloves, Curry Leaves, Cumin. Fry for 30 secs(till aromatic).
2. Then add green chilies, ginger-garlic paste and sauté for another minute until raw smell goes away.
3. Then add sliced onions, Sauté for 2-3 minutes until translucent -stir regularly.
4. Add sweet corn, grated beetroot and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Add biryani powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
6. Add rinsed Basmati Rice, water, salt and give a stir .
7. Close the lid on the pot, and turn pressure valve to SEALING position.
8. Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 6 minutes or rice option for 12 mins on low temperature. Wait for natural pressure release (NPR) for 10 minutes.
9. Remove lid away from you.
10. Beetroot Rice is ready. Serve with Raita or yogurt