Indian Cappuccino or Beaten Coffee Recipe. Coffee has been taking over social media & the internet by storm with so many recipes popping up everywhere like the recent Dalgona coffee, whipped coffee, etc.
It is the second most popular drink consumed around the world next to Tea. Due to the presence of caffeine, coffee has a distinct flavor that gives the instant kick and stimulates the brain. Traditionally, coffee is consumed in many ways hot, cold, with or without creamer, sweetener, and it has got so many names Americano, Cappuccino, Latte, Macchiato, Frappuccino, Mocha, Espresso, the list goes on (Hello Starbucks ?). So,
What is Beaten Coffee or Indian Cappuccino?
Beaten Coffee or Indian Cappuccino is more of an Indian take on the coffee. It is also called Soft Coffee, Indian Coffee, Pakistani Coffee, Desi Coffee, or whipped coffee. Similar to the traditional Cappuccino, Beaten Coffee also has a frothy layer on the top. It has a smooth, creamy flavor from the milk and thick, rich, fluffy texture from the milk froth on top.
The process involves beating (literally ?) the instant coffee powder, granulated sugar and water together for about a good 15-18 minutes with a spoon or whisker to incorporate air into it, so it becomes a silky smooth, thick mixture, fluffy like egg meringue, but only until soft peaks. This hand beaten mixture is called the coffee base or coffee mixture or cappuccino mixture. You can use a hand blender to cut down the time by more than half to 5 to 8 minutes.
The warm milk or hot milk (not bubbling hot) added to this mixture releases the air and forms a frothy layer on the top of the coffee. The perfect sip of coffee in the morning or anytime is what every coffee lover wants. And, this is the perfect drink to instantly fall in love with. This recipe is simple to prepare and a decadent caffeinated treat to any coffee lover.
Tips to make Perfect Beaten Coffee
Follow these tips to whip up, actually, beat up ? a perfect Beaten Coffee aka Indian Cappuccino every time.
- Use Instant coffee powder like Nescafe, Bru, or Folgers
- Add granulated sugar equal amount of your coffee
- Use cold water or room temperature water instead of hot water
- Whole milk gives the rich, creamier taste and froth. The part milk or skim milk does not hold the air much and thus cannot retain the perfect thick froth.
- Start off with a big dollop of coffee mixture in the cup and add a little warm milk to mix and gently mix. You don’t want to lose the air incorporated into the coffee mix.
- Add milk gradually and layer the top with milk froth
- You can use any type of handheld milk frother or a small french press to make the microbubble milk froth.
- Sprinkle some cocoa powder or more coffee powder to enhance the taste.
Beaten Coffee Recipe Video
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Indian Cappuccino recipe without a coffee machine at home with step by step
1.Add instant coffee powder, Sugar and Water (cold) in mixing bowl.
2. Next with the help of a hand beater cream the mixture in the mixing bowl for 8 to 10 minutes, until the mixture turns frothy and lightens in color.
3. cappuccino mixture is ready and keep them aside.
4. Heat up the Milk in the Pan on a medium Flame till your preference temperature.
5. Next, Transfer 1/2 cup milk and froth for 1 mins and keep them aside.
6. Now add 1 tbsp cappuccino mixture in the Serving Mug
7. Now add 1/4 cup hot Milk and stir it properly. After that add remaining milk
8. Then add top with a cup of frothy milk .
9. Now add 1 tsp of cappuccino mixture on top mix gently.
10. Finally sprinkling of Instant Coffee on top.
11. Cappuccino is ready to serve.