Instant pot jowar kheer| జొన్నల పాయసం |Sorghum pudding | millet pudding with detailed photo and video recipe – There was something about that jar of Sorghum that beckoned me this morning and this Sorghum Pudding was born.
Jowar Kheer — Traditional Indian Dessert/ Pudding prepared using Jowar and milk is a festival special. This kheer is mostly served in the end of a meal / Sadya. Sweet cravings after lunch resulted in this kheer. Sweet cravings once in a while need to be satisfied.Jowar kheer is quite easy to make and does not take much time to prepare.
Health benefits of jowar
Improves digestion. Jowar contains a good amount of fibre, around 48 per cent of what is required by our body on daily basis. …
It fights against free radicals. …
Boosts immunity. …
Improves heart health. …
It is gluten free. …
Rich source of protein. …
Controls blood sugar level. …
How to include it in your daily diet.
These pudding normally we will prepare for festivals. But these days incoporating millets more in my daily routine. So today i want to eat some sweet with healthy option. So i planned to make jowar pudding in instant pot. we can also cook same thing in pressure cooker also.
Instant pot jowar kheer| జొన్నల పాయసం |Sorghum pudding | millet pudding with detailed photo and video recipe :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Jowar kheer in instant pot with step by step :
1.wash sorghum/jowar for 2- 3 times and soak overnight in 1 cup water.
2.Press SAUTE mode on Instant Pot
3. add 1 tbsp ghee in instant pot.
4. once it is melted add cashew nuts and fry until golden and keep them aside.
5. Place the sorghum with 1 1/2 cup of water in the instant pot.
6. Press CANCEL button on Instant Pot.Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve from VENTING to SEALING position.
7. Set the pot to PORRIDGE (High Pressure) and set timer to 15 minutes.When the instant pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then quick release the pressure manually. OR Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes, allow a natural steam release.
8. Remove the lid and add the milk and crushed cardamoms. Turn onto saute mode and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the mixture thickens.
9. Add jaggery ,saffron strands and stir well.
10. Serve warm garnished with the nuts.