InstantPot Vegetable Chana dal masala | Chana dal masala with detailed photo and video recioe – Easy & Delicious Chana Dal made in the Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker). Split Chickpeas cooked with garlic, onion, tomato , carrot , potato and flavorful spices. Vegan & Gluten free.
For vegetarians in Indian, dal (lentils) is the main component of the meal. A typical meal includes dal, vegetable curry (subzi), roti (flatbread) and/or rice with some salad. And there are enough varieties of dals to prepare a different one each day of the week.
What is Chana Dal?
Chana Dal are dried brown chickpeas that have been split and skinned. It is also called Split Chickpeas or Bengal Gram. These wonderful little beans pack a powerhouse of nutrients as well as protein into the dish. Chana Dal is also rich in fiber, and has a low glycemic index.
The best part about lentils are that they are budget friendly and affordable by all. Chana Dal is usually used as lentil curry in North India and for tempering in South India.
If you were to cook chana dal in a pan on stove top, I would highly recommend soaking for few hours or even overnight but when you are making this in the instant pot, you don’t have to do anything. Simply cook on high pressure and it will be nicely cooked. That is what is so amazing about pressure cooking, it drastically reduces the cooking time.
This is very healthy with veggies and dal . This is very good for side to chapathi and roti. And it will be also good with white rice too.
This is the simple recipe in one pot . Just add all ingredients into instant pot and cook for 8 mins. In this recipe i have soaked chana dal for 20 mins. If you are not soaking cook for 10 – 12 mins in high pressure.
We love to eat dal with out mushy. So if you like dal to be mushy , cook for some more time as you like.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Vegetable Chana dal Masala with step by step :
1.Soak Chana dal along with the water for soaking for 30 minutes. Then drain the water and keep aside. (This step is optional)
2. Start the instant pot in sauté mode and heat oil in it.
3. Once the oil is hot, add garlic, cumin seeds, green chilies and fry for a min.
4. Add chopped onions, chopped carrots, chopped tomato and chopped potato. Mix well.
5. Add coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala and turmeric. Mix well.
6. Add 2 cups water and mix well.
7. Add washed chana dal and salt, mix well.
8. Pressure Cancel and close the lid with vent in sealing position
9. Change the instant pot setting to manual or pressure cook mode at high pressure for for 8 mins.
10. After the instant pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally.
11. Open the lid and garnish with coriander leaves.
12. Serve hot with roti or chapathi.