masala pav recipe | mumbai street style masala pav recipe with detailed recipe with photo and video recipe – Masala pav is a yummy and spicy Mumbai street food. The pav or bread rolls are sliced and then stuffed with a spiced buttery onion, tomatoes and capsicum filling.
Masala pav does taste similar to pav bhaji as some of the ingredients are same, like onions, tomatoes, capsicum and pav bhaji masala powder. Here I have not used mashed potatoes. Though some variations do use it.
Eating Indian street food in India is an experience. It can’t be expressed or explained in words. No matter how much I try, I will never be able to explain how delicious it is or how much joy we get in eating all that spicy food from street vendors.
The interesting thing is that every part of the country will have some unique street food but there will always be one common factor in all – they will all be spicy! Whether it’s aloo tikki chaat, pav bhaji or this masala pav. They are all super delicious and super spicy of course.
The city of Mumbai is home to some delicious street food like pav bhaji, tawa pulao, vada pav and also this masala pav. Masala means spicy mixture and pav is an eggless dinner roll. So a lot of street food in Mumbai involves these dinner rolls and I even have a recipe for homemade pav on the blog. Masala pav is basically dinner rolls topped with a spicy masala.
It is an easy and tasty snack to prepare when you want to cook something quick and yet filling. The recipe can be doubled or tripled and makes for a great party snack too.
masala pav recipe | mumbai street style masala pav recipe video recipe :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make masala pav with step by step :
1.On a tawa or a in a kadai heat butter.
2. add onions and saute well.
3. add chopped capsicum and continue to saute.
4. add finely chopped tomato and fry till they are soft.
5. create a well to add masalas.
6. add chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and salt.
7. also add little water and mash and cook the masala well.
8. scrape the masala to one side of pan.
9. add butter on to tawa.
10. and cut the pav into half.
11. then toast it for a minute.
12. turn over and spread generous amount of prepared masala on both the pav.
13. also spread the masala over the pav and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
14. serve masala pav hot with sliced onions and a piece of lemon.