Mushroom dum biryani recipe | Dum biryani | Mushroom biryani with detailed photo and video recipe – Learn to make delicious, flavorful and easy dum style biryani .This is too is very easy and can be made under 1 hr.
Mushroom dum biryani is a one pot dish with loaded flavors and taste unlike regular mushroom biryani as it prepared by layering rice over cooked mushroom mixture and cooked in dum style which is the basic reason behind its taste.
How to make Mushroom Biryani
For this mushroom biryani, firstly we marinate the mushrooms with spices, thick curd, and herbs. Then cook the mushrooms for a few mins and keep it separately. Secondly, we cook the rice to 80% and let the rice cool down. Finally, cook the biryani in the dum process. In this dum process, we add the layers of rice and mushroom gravy .
This mushroom dum biryani can be accompanied with a simple onion raita .
This is a very tasty and yummy biryani. Simple and quick mushroom biryani recipe which can be made in few mins. Great recipe to put in your kids lunch box as well.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make mushroom dum biryani with step by step :
Cooking biryani rice
1.Wash rice and soak in water for 30 mins.
2. Drain the rice.
3. In a large pot with 6 cups of boiling water.
4. Add whole garam masalas , oil and salt.
5. Boil for a min.
6. Add soaked rice , don’t stir . boil for 3 to 4 mins or until 80% done.
7. Drain the rice to a colander.
1.Add poppy seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon stick and cloves to a blender jar and make into smooth paste by adding little water .
2. Add this masala to mixing bowl , add coriander powder, yogurt, cumin powder, red chili powder, pudina, coriander leaves. Mix well.
3. Add sliced mushroom and mix well. make sure masala is coated well. Rest for 30 mins.
1.Heat a pot with oil and add bay leaf, cinnamon stick,shahi jeera , cloves and star. Fry for a min.
2. Add sliced onions and fry onion till golden. (If you want ginger garlic paste, we can add it. Saute until the raw smell goes off.)
3. Add tomatoes ,coriander and pudina
4. Mix and fry just for another minute. Cook until tomatoes becomes mushy.
5. Add marinated mushrooms and biryani masala.
6. Ajust the salt , mix well
7. Cook for 5 mins and remove some curry for layers.
8. Layer basmati rice that is cooked. add ghee, fried onions and few coriander leaves and saffron milk.
9. Cover with foil to seal the pot. Then place the lid. place it on a hot tawa and cook for 15 mins on medium heat. off the stove .
10. Serve mushroom dum biryani with your favorite raita.