Mysore bonda recipe | mysore bajji (Maida Bonda)) with detailed photo and video reicpe – This bonda is also referred to as maida bonda, mangalore bonda or maida bajji… In tulu language it is called as goli baje .
Mysore bonda recipe are fried dumplings made with flour, yogurt and spices. They are crispy outside and fluffy inside.
Crisp fried, fluffy and light snack. It is one of the most popular snacks originating from Mysore, Karnataka. It is also popular in Andhra Pradesh served as breakfast with nice spicy coconut chutney and tiffin-center sambar.
Usually Bondas are made using vegetable like potatoes, but bonda is very light and made just using the flour. This tasty bonda can be served along with Coffee or we can also serve with Idly/dosa etc. Coconut chutney is one of the best accompaniment for mysore bonda.
Preparation of the batter varies from place to place. usually we add 3 tbsp of rice flour to 1 cup of all- purpose flour. But some places they added desiccated coconut powder instead of rice flour. If you add coconut powder they were crispy outside and very hollow and fluffy inside.
For spices we can add chopped green chillies, curry leaves, ginger and cumin seeds.
The flavour of the cumin seeds, green chillies, curry leaves gets blended well in the batter and you can get a nice spicy crunchy taste to the bonda.
Note : In this recipe by adding sodium bi carbonate is very important. Don’t forgot to add . By adding sodium bi carbonate and curd , we get a crispy exterior and spongy, fluffy interior .
you can prepare the batter on the previous night and use on the next day morning. But you need to leave the batter for at least 30 minutes before you preparing.
In hotels, they are usually served with sweet ginger chutney, coconut & peanut chutney, kaaram podi and Sambar.so I made the chutneys along with the bondas.
This is very easy to prepare breakfast recipe. I usually prefer doing them on Sundays. Try and enjoy… ?
Mysore bonda recipe with detailed video recipe :
Bonda recipe card :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Mysore bonda with step by step :
1.Mix yogurt and baking soda in mixing bowl.
2. Beat well until frothy.
3. Add flour, rice flour, salt, jeera to a mixing bowl.
4. It should be thick batter of dropping consistency.
5. If needed sprinkle more water or curd. Rest for 3 – 4hrs.
1.Add green chilies and ginger. Mix well.
2. Heat the oil on medium heat. Check if the oil is hot by dropping a small portion of the batter to the oil.
3. Batter has to rise steadily and not sink.
4. Keep a small bowl of water to grease your hand, grease your hand well with water and make small desired sized balls.
5. Shape 1 tbsp of batter in between your fingers. Drop them in oil.
6. Regulate the flame to medium and keep stiring to cook evenly.
7. These bondas usually take some time to fry well and get cooked inside. So keep stirring and fry.
8. When they turn crisp and golden brown, remove and drain in a paper towel.
9. Serve mysore bonda with chutney or sambar.