paneer frankie recipe | paneer kathi roll | paneer wrap with detailed photo and video recipe – This Paneer Frankie Roll, also known as Paneer Kathi Rolls, is a popular Indian street food made with flaky flatbread, wrapped with spicy paneer and tangy toppings. Perfect to pack for a grab and go meal.
This is one of the best kathi rolls I have made and beats even the street side ones. This recipe yields a lip smacking paneer roll.
In this paneer roll recipe, the stuffing is of paneer which is made on tawa. Along with paneer masala there is also mayonnaise sauce and mix veggie salad. The outer roll or wrap is made with whole wheat dough. So overall this is a healthy and delicious recipe of paneer roll.
You can serve the paneer frankie as an evening snack or a brunch. If you have left over atta dough, then the recipe is very easy.
I have very fond memories of enjoying frankie in Hyderbad . When i am working in hyderbad, we used to love eating them on the street where there would be paneer frankie.
Spicy Paneer Frankie Recipe is one of the option which is truly loved by children and is a good option for kids snack box.
paneer frankie recipe with detailed video recipe :
paneer frankie recipe card:
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Paneer frankie with step by step :
FRANKIE STUFFING PREPARATION:
1.In a kadai heat 1 tbsp oil and roast 1 cup cubed paneer.
2. Roast until paneer turns golden brown. keep aside.
3. Now add 2 tsp oil and saute 1 onion, salt and 1 tsp ginger garlic paste.
4. saute until onions turn olden brown.
5. Add 1 cup tomato pulp and saute well. to prepare tomato pulp, blend 3 ripened tomato to a smooth paste.
6. Add ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala and ½ tsp coriander powder
7. saute on low flame until spices turn aromatic.
8. saute until the oil separates from tomato paste.
9. Add in roasted paneer and mix well.
10. Now add 1/2 cup water and cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
11. paneer stuffing ready.
PANEER KATHI ROLL PREPARTRION:
1.Add 1 tbsp eggless mayonnaise, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp chilli sauce. Mix well.
2. Take wrap or chapati and warp if required.
3. Apply mayonnaise mix and spread uniformly.
4. Now add in 2 tbsp prepared paneer stuffing and spread slightly.
5. Top with 1 tbsp cabbage and few onions.
6. sprinkle in prepared frankie masala and squeeze 1 tsp lemon juice.
7. Grate 2 tbsp cheese uniformly.
8. Now roll tight without allowing the stuffing to come out.
9. Tuck the ends make it well secured.
10. Cut into halves and enjoy paneer frankie.