Paneer pizza recipe | Paneer tikka pizza | Homemade pizza with paneer with detailed photo and video recipe – This time I made an “Indian pizza” when I was craving for a slice. In India veggie pizzas especially paneer pizzas are pretty common. Paneer as you might already know is Indian cottage cheese which is made by curdling the milk. It’s used in countless Indian recipes and if you ask any vegetarian in India his favorite vegetable, you are more than likely to hear “paneer” in response. It’s that popular and that delicious too.
Paneer Tikka Pizza is a vegetarian delicacy and also serves as a good starter. This pizza variety is rich in flavour and if you love Indian food, you will in all probability like this Indian twist of the Pizza. There are several flavors and variations to this fusion pizza recipe.
What is PANEER ?
Paneer is a fresh Indian cheese that’s made from curdled milk and add vegetable acid , such as lemon juice. Many refer to it as Indian cottage cheese. It is a big and tasty part of Indian cuisine. In many cases, it’s the vegetarian equivalent of chicken or meat.
It is used in recipes for appetizers, snacks, curries and more. It is high-protein low carb snack Paneer and healthy for kids too.
What is Tikka Masala Sauce ?
Tikka = an Indian dish of small pieces of meat or vegetables marinated in seasoned yogurt and grilled.
Masala = any mix of spices ground into a paste or powder for use in Indian cooking.
This masala sacue is based out of Yogurt or Hung Curd with lots of traditional Indian spice powders , ginger garlic paste, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and cumin powder.
Mix all the ingredients and vegetables. Marinate for 2 hours.
How to make pizza dough :
Start by combining warm water with your yeast and some sugar. It should start to froth up after a few minutes. If it doesn’t, toss it and start again. You water may be too warm or your yeast may be bad.
Combine the salt and the flour (We can also use whole wheat flour for healthy option) , and start adding the flour to the mixer, 1/2 cup at a time.
Once you have added the flour, the dough will still look pretty wet and sticky. Knead the dough very well and apply oil little bit to dough and rest for 2 hours.
Pizza Sauce : In this recipe i didn’t add pizza sauce to this. I want to taste complete masala in every bite of pizza. But if you like to add pizza sauce we can add to base and apply tikka masala on top of pizza sauce.
We can make pizza sauce at home very easy, in future posts i will sure post the recipe.
Basically the recipe follows the same procedure as any traditional pizza recipe but the Pizza topping is different .The marinated paneer cubes with diced onions and capsicum (Bell pepper ) is placed on pizza. once the paneer topping are added, pizza base is topped with generous amount of mozzarella cheese and paneer pizza is ready.
How to make best pizza
1. we needs to make pizza dough perfectly by using All purpose flour or Whole wheat flour.
2. Resting the dough is very important and it has to raise perfectly.
3. Crust has to make Thick crust or thin crust as per our taste.
4. Dust the pizza pan with cornmeal will give more crunchy and crispy to crust.
5. Add pizza sauce to top of pizza crust.
6. Shredded mozzarella cheese will give more tasty .
7. Add favorite veggies and Italian seasoning on Pizza topping.
8. Bake at correct temperature. I recommend to bake pizza at least 450 F – 500 F. Baking time is also vary depends on oven. It will give very nice texture and crunchy.
We can make small pizza, medium pizza or large pizza as we wish. We can also store the remaining dough in refrigerator for 2 – 3 days in air tight box.
We can make different types of fusion pizzas like, tandoori paneer pizza, tandoori masala pizza etc. Today we are going to make paneer tikka pizza
Paneer pizza recipe | Paneer tikka pizza | Homemade pizza with paneer with video recipe :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Paneer Tikka masala pizza with step by step :
Pizza Bread dough
1.In a large mixing bowl mix ½ cup warm water, 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp dry yeast.
2. Rest and allow the yeast to activate.
3. Now add 2 cup all purpose flour/ maida and ½ tsp salt
4. Combine all the ingredients well with yeast water.
5. Add more water as required and knead dough
6. Tuck the dough and form to a ball. place in a large mixing bowl.
7. Grease the bowl from sides with olive oil to prevent dough from sticking to bowl.
8. Covered bowl tightly with cling wrap or plastic wrap and rest for about 2 hours. In the meanwhile we will prepare the paneer tikka masala topping for the pizza.
Paneer tikka marination:
1.In a large mixing bowl take ½ cup curd.
2. Add ½ tsp Red chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ¼ tsp garam masala, 1 tsp lemon juice and ¼ tsp salt.
3. Combine well with the help of whisk.
4. Now add vegetables like ½ capsicum , ½ onion, 15 paneer cubes.
5. Add 1 tsp olive oil, ½ tsp kasuri methi and mix well.
6. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours making sure paneer gets marinated well.
Paneer tikka pizza recipe:
1.After 2 hours, dough has raised and doubled in size indicating well fermented.
2. Punch the dough with fist to release down the air.
3. Divide the dough into 2 balls and tuck them
4. Dust the pizza pan with cornmeal or flour .
5. Place the pizza base on dusted pizza plate or tray.
6. Flatten the dough by stretching with both hands and roll to make a circle in shape or thickness you like for the pizza crust.
7. Then prick with center of dough with the help of fork to prevent pizza base from fluffing up.
8. Top up with prepared paneer tikka marination.
9. spread ½ cup of shredded mozarella cheese over the base
10. Place few jalapeno, and sprinkle ¼ tsp peeper powder.
11. Bake in a preheated oven at 500 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 to 250 degree Celsius for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
12. Slice the paneer tikka pizza and top with chilli flakes .