Simple Brinjal(Eggplant) Curry in Instant Pot with detailed video and photo recipe – This Instant Pot Brinjal/Eggplant curry makes a simple flavorful curry thanks to pressure cooking everything in one go. It is VEGAN and GLUTEN-FREE too. Pair it with a side of roti/ naan or steamed rice and you have a delicious meal on the table way under 15 minutes.
Today I am happy to share with you one of the easiest and express way to cook it. No roasting, no long hours of cooking required to make this yummy version of eggplant curry. Everything goes raw into one pot and within minutes a delicious curry is ready to devour.Oh! how I love under 15 minute meals!! I am sure you prefer them too.
I have been trying different recipes in the Instant Pot and I am truly loving the flavors and the ease of use. One of the best dishes I have made is the simple eggplant curry in Instant Pot. It is my newest discovery and I am loving the ease with which they can be cooked to perfection.
simple brinjal curry calls for a few fresh ingredients for the gravy, like finely cubed onions (For puree), cilantro, along with few aromatic spices.
simple brinjal curry is very simple curry , Usually brinjal curry is made by stuffing spice mixture in them , but this is not stuffed just with minimum spices this tastes delicious. Don’t skip the step first to fry brinjals in oil. I served this curry with some steamed rice and home made fresh Rotis.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Eggplant curry in Instant Pot with Step by Step :
1. Cut the onion into cubes
2. Transfer onion pieces into blender and blend into coarse paste. Keep them aside
3. Wash and Slit the brinjals into four sections lengthwise with out cutting crown.
1.Press SAUTE mode on Instant Pot.
2. Add 3 tbsp of oil , once it’s hot add brinjals.
3. Saute brinjals for 3-4 minutes ( till brinjal color is lightly changed).Take out all brinjals and keep aside.
4. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds , red chili and curry leaves . Fry for a min
5. Add Onion Paste ,Saute till onion paste turn light brown
6. Add Turmeric powder, Coriander powder,Chilli powder and Salt. Mix well ( don’t burn , or add little water not to burn spices).
7. Add tamarind juce and mix well.
8. Add fried Brinjals ,mix Well
9. Add 1 cup Water. Press CANCEL button on Instant Pot.
10. Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve from VENTING to SEALING position.
11. Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 5 minutes
12. Do a QUICK PRESSURE RELEASE (Wait FOR 5 MINUTES.BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM
13. Open the lid and add Coriander leaves .
14. Serve with white rice or roti.