Vada Pav recipe | Easy Mumbai Street Style Vada Pav | Batata Vada | home vada pav recipe with detailed photo and video recipe – spicy potato filling sandwiched between buns and layers of spicy garlic and green chutney!
a popular indian street food recipe prepared mainly with pav bread and deep fried batata vada stuffing. most commonly, this snack is also referred as indian burger or aka bombay burger because it hails from maharashtra or marathi cuisine. generally, it is served as an evening snack, but can also be adapted to breakfast.
most of the street or any popular tourist attraction places are filled with street vendors with fast food dishes. vada pav is one such easy and tasty fast food dish, filled with carbohydrates and fibre.
unlike the traditional burger recipe, vada pav recipe is much easier and quicker to prepare and assemble it. the critical part of any good wada pav recipe lies in its crispy and savoury vada or batata vada. these patties are slightly different from the conventional aloo bonda
vada pav recipe is extremely simple to prepare, yet i would like to add few tips and recommendations while preparing. firstly, ensure the boiled and mashed potatoes are moisture free and removed immediately from pressure cooker after it is cooked. if you feel you mashed potatoes contain moisture, fry them in a pan for 2-3 minutes to remove it. secondly, i have added baking soda to the besan batter to make vadas crisper. also, add 1 tbsp of rice flour/cornflour to make it even crisper. lastly, these vada pav should be served immediately after deep frying and assembling. alternatively, you can place the deep fried vadas in a preheated oven or even deep fry again for 1 minute if serving later.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Vada pav recipe with step by step :
1.In a large kadai heat 2 tsp oil , add few curry leaves.
2. Add ginger garlic paste and finely chopped chilli and saute well.
3. Add 2 boiled and mashed potato and ½ tsp salt.
4. mix well making sure all the spices are combined well with potato. aloo mixture is ready. keep aside.
5. Prepare besan batter by taking ¾ cup besan, 1 tbsp rice flour, ¼ tsp turmeric,1/2 tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp salt , 1/4 tsp hing and ¼ tsp baking soda. add ½ cup water or as required and prepare smooth lump free batter.
6. Now make ball sized aloo mixture.
7. Dip in prepared besan batter and coat well.
8. Deep fry in hot oil stirring occasionally.
9. Fry on medium flame till the vada turns golden and crisp.
10. Drain the vada on a kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. keep aside
11. Now fry the green chilli, by turning off the flame – be careful as the oil splutter.
12. Stir occasionally, till the blisters appear on chilli
13. Drain the fried chilli on a kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. keep aside.
Assembling vada pav recipe:
1.Slit the ladi pav centre halfway without cutting fully.
2. Spread green chutney, tamarind chutney and dry garlic chutney on one side of inside pav.
3. place the prepared vada in center of pav.
4. Place a fried chilli on top of vada
5. Press the vada pav and serve immediately.