Instant Pot Soya Chunks Biryani with detailed video and photo recipe- It is a perfect one pot dish which is healthy, flavorful and high in protein and can be prepared under 30 minutes.Its good lunchbox option for both kids and adults.
I have made this biryani with soya chunks and veggies , but if you prefer you can add other vegetables with the biryani too. Considering the health benefits it offers, I try to include it in our diet often. You can prepare many dishes using soya chunks like soya chunks curry, soya chunks fried rice ,kurma ,nuggets etc.
Soya Chunks does not have flavor of its own, it has the tendency to absorb the flavors well. Today I am sharing with you an easy method to prepare Soya Chunks biryani using the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
WHAT IS SOYA CHUNKS?
Soya chunks are also known as meal maker or textured vegetable protein and is said to lower cholesterol levels, prevents heart diseases, reduces the risk of osteoporosis, controls hypertension, blood pressure etc.They look like meat, but are 100% vegetarian.
IS SOYA CHUNKS VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE?
Yes, soya chunks are both vegan and gluten free.
Instant Pot Soya Chunks Biryani , i have added diced potatoes, carrots and onions so that there is perfect balance of vegetables with meal maker. having said that, you can completely skip the vegetables to prepare just with soya chunks.
Firstly, soya chunks should be soaked or boiled in water before it is mixed for marination. this step helps to remove the impurities in it and avoids the indigestion.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Instant pot Soya Chunks Biryani with step by step :
1.Take some Hot Water in a bowl . Take 1 Cup of Soya Chunks and Soak it in the hot water for 15 minutes till they soften . Squeeze excess water completly and keep aside.
2. Take a mixing bowl, add yogurt,cumin powder, red chili powder, garam masala, soya chunks, onions, carrots, potatoes, chopped mint, turmeric. Mix well and keep aside for 1 hr.
3. Press SAUTE mode on Instant Pot. Add oil and butter and once it’s hot add all the whole spices. Saute for 30 secs.
4. Add sliced onions, ginger-garlic paste. Saute for 2-3 minutes until they turn soft and light brown in color – stir regularly.
5. Add marinated mix.
6. Add washed Basmati Rice,water,salt, biryani masala and give a stir .
7. Add chopped coriander leaves and ghee on top.
8. Press CANCEL button on Instant Pot.Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve from VENTING to SEALING position.
9. Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 6 minutes
After Pot beeps,wait for NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE(NPR). (Wait until silver button on lid drops).BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM. Remove lid away from you.
10. Soya Biryani is ready.Serve with Raita or plain yogurt.