schezwan sauce recipe | How to make schezwan sauce recipe with detailed photo and video recipe. Quick and easy to make schezwan sauce at home. A popular indo chinese cuisine sauce prepared from red chilies and szechuan peppers which is typically used for indo chinese cuisine. Usually has very strong flavour with high pungency and spiciness from generous use of garlic and chili peppers.
Schezwan sauce is originated from the szechuan cuisine which is originated from sichuan province in southwestern china. However it has a very strong influence to indian cuisine and especially to the modern indo chinese cuisine.
Indo chinese cuisine has brought many innovative, unique, mouth watering and delicious foods which most of us love. Foods flavored with schezwan sauce are one of the well know from the cuisine.
Making spicy fried rice and noodles is a breeze if you have this sauce in your Fridge. This can also be used with any of your teat time snacks like cutlets, spring rolls and pakoras.
I typically prepare it in bulk and use it for schezwan fried rice and schezwan fried noodles.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make schezwan sauce recipe with step by step :
1.Soak dried red chilli in hot water for 30 minutes or till they turn soft.
2. Discard the water and blend to smooth paste adding water if required. keep aside.
3.Heat oil in a pan.
4. Saute in ¼ cup garlic and 1 tbsp ginger for a minute for 2.
5. Add prepared red chilli paste.
6. Saute for 2 minutes, so that chilli gets cooked well.
7. Now add 1 cup water and adjust consistency.
8. Simmer for 15 minutes.
9. Make sure to cook the sauce till oil floats on top.
10. Crush sichuan pepper.
11. Add in ½ tsp pepper, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp tomato sauce, 1 tbsp sugar and salt to taste.
12. Mix well making sure everything is combined well.
13. Finally, serve schezwan sauce as a dip .