veg puff recipe | curry puff recipe with detailed photo and video recipe- A popular snack, very similar to pie is prepared from puff pastry sheets. The puff’s are prepared from special sheets known as puff pastry sheets which is a layered sheet and sandwiched with butter or dalda.
one of the common snack recipe across all the south east asian countries, but the filling may differ from region to region. in india there are several varieties, including veg puff, egg puff, paneer puff and chicken puff recipe which is typically consumed as evening snacK.
I typically prepare this recipe with the store bough puff pastry sheets as preparing is very time consuming and also very stressful. In future post , i will post home made pastry sheets. I have baked the puff in conventional oven, however it can also be deep fried in oil.
In many Indian homes, it’s the perfect companion to a hot piping cup of tea/coffee and can easily munch on 2-3 of them at a sitting.
These ‘puffs’ are also famous for its crispy buttery layers which looks almost impossible to achieve while making them at home. In this recipe i have used wheat puff pasty sheets which is good.
Just thaw and cut the sheets in desired size/shape, add the filling inside, wrap and bake.
Serve them as soon as they are made for that extra crispy feel. I usually serve them with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Vegetable Puffs with Step by Step :
1.In a large kadai, heat butter.
2. Add onions and salt. Saute for a min.
3. Add chopped carrots, sweet corn, green peas . Mix well.
4. Add boiled potatoes .
5. Add red chili powder, cumin powder, amchur powder and chat masala . Mix well.
6. Cook on low heat for 5 mins with lid closed.
7. Open the lid and mash little bit using spatula.
8. Take the pastry sheet and sheets should be at room temperature
9. cut to rectangle pieces.
10. place the prepared stuffing in the centre.
11. Fold half, press and seal the sides.
12. Now place in the baking tray.
13. Brush the puff with Milk for more golden colour.
14. bake the puffs in preheated oven at 400 F for 25 minutes.
15. veg puffs or veg patties is ready to serve with tomato ketchup