Drumstick Leaves Soup in Instant Pot | Murungai Keerai Soup | మునాగాకు సూప్ with detailed photo and video recipe – a simple soup made with drumstick leaves, which is commonly known as Moringa leaves has a lot of medicinal benefits, rich in iron and protein, very good for your eyes too.
Drumstick tree botanically known as “Moringa Oleifera” offers many health benefits. They are a storehouse of nutrients and antioxidants. It has approximately 90 nutrients and 46 natural antioxidants as well as anti-inflammatory compounds. It has all the essential amino acids needed for the body and is said to treat more than 300 diseases. No wonder it is called the “Miracle Tree”.
It is also a good sources of minerals like calcium, iron, copper, manganese, zinc, selenium, and magnesium. It helps boost the immune system and increases breast milk production.
This drumstick leaves soup is easy to prepare and is very nutritious. Today let us learn how to make drumstick leaves soup following this easy recipe with step wise pictures.
Just take handful of moringa leaves and cook with onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, pepper, cumin, coriander powder, turmeric, salt and water.
You can use a pressure cooker to make it quick instead of using Instant pot. You can either serve it as clear soup or blend the cooked mixture and serve thick. I always prefer to have keerai soup during day time that is before lunch to avoid digestion issues. The same ingredients can be used to prepare any green leaf / keerai soup. This soup is very healthy and low in calories, but rich in iron content.
The weather is chill, so made this soup yesterday.Here is a simple drumstick leaves soup recipe for you all.Do try this out!
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Drumstick leaves Soup with Step by Step :
1. Press SAUTE mode on Instant Pot.
2. Add onion, drumstick leaves, tomato paste,mint leaves, turmeric, ginger and garlic.
3. Add 3 cups of water and salt. mix well.
4. Add 1/2 tsp peppers and 1/2 tsp coriander seeds.
5. Now select the Soup mode and set the time to 20 minutes at high pressure. Cook for 20 minutes and release the pressure naturally.
6. After the pressure is all released, carefully open the lid and allow it to cool for 10 to 15 minutes
7. Strain the soup. Press or squeeze and extract as much soup as you can.
8. Transfer the soup into pot and saute for 10 mins.
9. Add cumin powder and adjust the salt.
10. Serve into bowl and add pepper powder before serving.