Carrot tomato rasam in instant pot | carrot rasam| ఆరోగ్యకరమైన క్యారెట్ టమాట చారు with detailed photo and video recipe – Rasam is thin consistency spicy and tangy soup from South India, flavoured with special spice mix .. Rasam Powder. It is one of the important part of South Indian Meal and is served as digestive drink before meals. Or, as accompaniment with rice . Every household in Southern India states has their own rasam recipe.
Tomato and Carrot Rasam(Instant Pot) with fresh tomatoes and carrots is vegan friendly.
I make Rasam in winters or chilly rainy evenings, when we relish warm soups. It comforts the body and the spices used in it help to keep the body warm and also enhances the digestive fire .
We love to have Rasam like this Tomato Rasam, sometime I add carrots to it for added nutrition like in this recipe. Rasam also goes well with steamed rice, idlis(Instant Rava Idlis) or Medu Vada. We also love the combination of Medu Vada and rasam.
Health benefits of Tomatoes and Carrots are known to everyone. Both are rich in antioxidants, calcium , beta-carotene,iron(tomato) and Vit A(carrot), with amazing health benefits for all.
Rasam due to it’s highly beneficial effects on body is also considered as a best home remedy fro seasonal cold cough and fever. Trust me whenever my kids suffer fro any of seasonal infections I also feed them food that helps to fight infection.
In this recipe i didn’t add any garlic and ginger . Normally our family we don’t eat garlic in rasam. We can add 1-2 garlic cloves and small ginger piece, in winters as these are good for immunity against cold and cough.
I prepare Rasam at least 3 to 4 times in a week to eat with Lunch /Dinner . My kid drink it just like soup with crusty bread or with any appetizers or with Steamed rice and Papad . It is not going to be sweet because of carrots. Spices and tamarind juice will supress the sweetness of carrots. he spice powder will thicken the rasam . Simple and easy recipe prepared with every day ingredients from your pantry.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Carrot tomato rasam in instant pot with step by step :
1. Press SAUTE mode on Instant Pot.
2. Add the tomato, chopped carrots and 1 cup of water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
3. Close the Instant Pot and make sure the vent is in the sealing position.
4. Now select the manual mode and set the time to 6 minutes at high pressure. Pressure cook for 6 minutes and release the pressure naturally.
5. After the pressure is all released, carefully open the lid and allow it to cool for 10 to 15 minutes
6. Now remove the tomato skin from the cooked tomato and discard.
7. Put everything in a blender and make into smooth paste. (In video i have used immersion blender to make paste).
8. Now set the Instant Pot in saute mode. (If you are using blender Add the puree back into the pot.)
9. Add the salt, jaggery,pepper , turmeric and rasam powder and mix. Simmer for 5 minutes and turn off the Instant Pot.
10. Add oil to pan
11. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, hing and red chili. Fry until golden .
12. Adjust salt and pepper before serving.
13. Add seasoning to prepared rasam.
14. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot like soup or we can serve with steamed rice .