Flax seeds podi recipe | flax seed chutney powder recipe | Avisaginjalu podi with detailed photo and video recipe – easy to make South Indian spiced flax seeds Flax seeds are considered to be one of the top healthy foods in th market today. These are called as aali vithai in Tamil, alasi in Hindi, avise ginjalu in Telugu and agase in Kannada.
This healthy podi recipe has flax seeds along with lentils and spices and is a delicious side dish for idli, dosa and uttapam. Flax seeds are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, especially for vegetarians. They are also a good source of iron, calcium and magnesium. Apart from these nutrients, they are a very good source of dietary fiber.
I have started using flax seeds which are packed with nutrients. What better way to use flaxseed than in a simple dry chutney powder like this flax seed podi. Its a time saving dish to go with idlis or dosas especially during busy weekdays when there is no time to make an elaborate chutney.
For a quick podi idli, I just toss the idlis with this flax seeds chutney powder and sesame oil. Another equally delicious and flavorful podi that I regularly make is sesame podi.
This flax seeds chutney powder can be made in minutes and there is nothing better than the aroma of roasted lentils and spices and the resulting chutney powder. Its so much better to make homemade fresh spice powders since we can select fresh ingredients to make them.
Ground flax seeds can turn rancid quickly. So this flax seed podi needs to be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated. It goes well with idli and dosa. It can also be served with rice and ghee / sesame oil. Or you could even sprinkle this healthy spice powder on your poriyals, curries or salad. Lets move on to the recipe for easy flax seeds podi.
Flax seeds podi recipe video
Avisaginjala podi recipe Card
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Flax seeds Chutney podi with Step by Step :
1.Add 1 tsp oil to the pan.
2. Add 1/2 cup urad dal, 1/2 cup chana dal, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and 1/2 tsp coriander seeds. Roast till you get a nice aroma and golden. Keep them a side.
3. In the same pan add curry leaves and red chilies. Roast till crispy without burning. Keep stirring often to fry them evenly.
4. Next to the same hot pan, add 1 cup flax seeds, roast lightly for about 4 -5 mins on a medium flame or until seeds or popping out. Transfer these to a plat to cool.
5. Next add cooled fried ingredients expect flax seeds to a blender.
6. Add salt ,blend into fine powder
7. Next add roasted flax seeds to blender. Blend into powder.
8. Store flax seeds podi in a air tight continer . Keeps good for about a month.