Gunta Punugulu or Kuzhi Paniyaram is a savory dish made with left over dosa batter. Very popular in South India, these little dumplings can be served for breakfast, snack or packed for kids lunch box.
Lunch box recipes and afternoon snack for kids is something every mom is in hunt for. These paniyaram is a great recipe for both lunch and snack. The crispy outside and soft inside is something the kids seemed to love. Do try them and you will definitely like it.
Gunta Punugulu is a very popular evening snack in Coastal Andhra.Its also a popular breakfast recipe in south indian cuisine. They are also called as Paniyaram or kuzi paniyaram. All you need is some left over dosa batter and some simple ingredients which are easily available in our pantry.
These tastes great when eaten right out of the skillet. So works beautifully as an evening snack. Here is a picture of the paniyaram served as evening snacks with water melon and coconut chutney.
To make these ponganalu we need a special pan called paniyaram pan ( aebleskiver pan) .
There are lot of different variations to prepare paniyaram/paddu. It can be prepared with dosa batter or idli batter. Both ways of preparation will be delicious and tasty. Any kind of veggies can be added to the recipe. Adjust the quantity of green chilli according to your taste. If you have idli batter or dosa batter at home you can prepare this paniyaram any time you want.
Gunta Punugulu Recipe| గుంత పునుగులు | Paniyaram Recipe | Gunta Punugulu with dosa batter video recipe
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make gunta punugulu – step by step
1.Add all the ingredients directly to the dosa batter expect oil. Mix well.
2. Taste to check the salt. If the batter is too thick add little water.(Here i have taken very thick dosa batter, so i have added 1/4 cup water).
3. The batter should be semi thick in consistency.
4. Heat the paniyaram pan (aebleskiver pan) and oil on each hole.
5. Pour the batter about, do not fill the hole completely. Drizzle some oil and cook on medium flame by closing the pan with a lid. Do not rush if not the paniyaram will not cook from inside.
6. Flip the paniyarama and cook on the other side. Not necessary to close the lid now, this will help with slight crispness on the top.
7. Enjoy the paniyaram with chutney of your choice or even with tomato sauce.