Palathalikalu recipe | పాలతాలికలు | Ganesh Chaturdi Special with photo and video recipe – Palathalikalu is a traditional sweet dish from andhra pradesh made of handmade rice noodles, milk, jaggery and ghee. It is a special dish offered as naivedyam not only during vinayaka chavithi but also during other andhra festivals. The recipe shared here will give you a delicious, thick and creamy with soft pala thalikalu.
I got many requests for this recipe, finally today i am preparing my moms recipe. I have tried so many times but i didn’t got full perfect shape any time. When i am doing this procedure, every time i am getting thalikalu in soft perfect without breaking in shape and creamy too. So i want to share this recipe today and enjoy for you coming vinayaka chavithi.
Traditionally palathalikalu are made with homemade rice flour but some people will do with store bought flour. But today i am making homemade rice flour. In recipe you can see how i made rice flour at home. While using store bought some times for me thalikalu is breaking .
Palathalikalu recipe | పాలతాలికలు | Ganesh Chaturdi Special Sweet | Palathalikalu with jaggery with video recipe
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Pallathalikalu with step by step :
Making Wet rice flour:
1.soak the rice overnight.
2. strain it the next day, dry it in the shade for 30 minutes
3. grind into flour and seive to make a fluffy dough. The dough is called wet flour. You can store it in an airtight container in the deep-freezer for up to a month!
Making jaggery syrup
1.Add 1 cup jaggery to a pan
2. add 50ml water and boil
3. Dissolve the jaggery and cook until it is slightly thick and sticky. No string consistency is required.
4. Set this aside to cool completely
Making dough for palathalikalu
1.Pour a 1/4 cup water in 2 tbsps jaggery and let the jaggery melt, then add wet rice flour and turn off the stove and mix well. (If the dough feels too stiff, add a little water and mix gently.)
2. Dough should be lump free and soft dough. The dough has to be slightly sticky and not tight.If the dough is too tight then the thalikalu will turn hard. If the dough is too sticky you can also add a tbsp of flour
3. Now roll the wet rice flour into long strings slightly thicker in size.
4. Set aside 2 tbsps of this dough
1.Now add 1/2 cup water to deep pan and boil
2. add thalikalu carefully (don’t stir) and close the lid and cook for 10 mins on low heat.
3. Mix gently and add 1 cup boiled milk and close the lid and cook for 5 mins on low heat. (Make sure thalikalu should not stick at bottom).
4. Check with spatula that thalika should be cooked perfectly.
5. Now mix remaning dough with 2 tbsp water into thin batter.
6. Add this batter to boiling milk and cook for more 2-3 mins.
7. Now batter will becomes thick and add cardamom powder , mix well. switchoff the stove. lets cook down completely. (Do not over cook until it turns too thick, slightly thickness is good enough as it turns more thick after cooling).
8. Now heat ghee and add cashews and raisins . Fry until golden .
9. Now add jaggery syrup to cooled milk thalikalu mix well.
10. Finally add fried nuts and serve.