Jowar Flour Upma | Millets upma | Andhra breakfast with detailed photo and video recipe – Jowar is one of the health grains in the world. We can use jowar flour to make rotis, idlies, dosas and upma. It is highly nutritious. Jowar is rich in nutrients such as calcium, fiber, iron, phosphorus, thiamin and protein. The fiber content in jowar helps to reduce hunger pangs and thus helps in weight loss. The magnesium, calcium and copper present in jowar helps us to maintain stronger bones and tissues. It is also good for people with diabetes and is gluten free.
Jowar upma is a healthy snack you can whip up for breakfast, super, or just any time of the day.
Jonna is also know as Milo. This a an other interesting recipe using sorghum flour. Is a very healthy and tasty dish for breakfast. Try this out if you are tired of making upma with rawa, semiya, puha or anything else for a change and definitely you will love it and will start making it again and again.
Jowar Flour upma with detailed video recipe :
Jowar Flour upma recipe card :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Jowar Flour upma with detailed step by step:
1.Take a mixing bowl add curd and water. Mix well and make butter milk.
2. Now add jowar flour and mix it will and keep a side.
3. Heat a pan, add seasoning ingredients and fry for a min.
4. Add sliced onions and salt. Saute for 2 mins.
5. Now add jowar mixture slowly. Mix well without any forming lumps.
6. Cook on medium heat with lid covered for 5 – 8 mins on low heat. (Add water if required for cooking )
7. Cook until desired consistency and serve into plate.
8. Serve hot with any chutney or gun powder.