mirchi ka salan recipe |హైదరాబాది బిర్యానీ గ్రేవీ| hyderabadi mirchi ka salan with detailed photo and video recipe – a popular chilli and peanut based curry recipe which is typically served as a side dish to hyderabadi biryani recipe.
basically salan recipe is a delicacy to hyderabad, andhra pradesh and it is mainly prepared from peanut, coconut, sesame seeds and tamarind juice.
Large green chillies are cooked in tamarind, peanuts, and spices which instead of heightening the spice, works well to create a beautiful blend of tastes.
Mirchi ka Salan is thin, spicy curry made with long green chillies, peanut, sesame seeds, coconut and tamarind.
Salan is an Urdu word that means curry and mirchi means chillies, so the name.
It is one of the famous Hyderabadi preparations that makes an appearance along with biryani for all occasions be it wedding or some party.
It is a delicious curry that pairs well with biryani, chapatti, paratha or rice.
Some people use yogurt to add tanginess instead of tamarind.
The unique combination of spices makes this curry delectable and yummy.
Tips For Making Mirchi Ka Salan
The gravy thickens as it cooks, so add more water if required.
To remove the hotness from the chilies, remove the seeds from the chilies.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Mirchi ka salan with step by step :
1. dry roast peanuts, sesame seeds,methi seeds, poppy seeds and coconut powder.
2. transfer to small blender and allow it to cool completely.
3. add ginger, salt ,garlic and water. blend into coarse paste.
4. add garam masala, turmeric and chili powder.
5. blend to smooth paste. keep aside.
6. Slit the chili into middle and de-seeded the seeds.
7. In a kadai heat oil and fry de-seeded green chili. keep aside.
8. now add cumin and curry leaves.
9. add onions and saute.
10. add prepared masala paste, tamarind water and salt.
11. mix well and add 2 cups of water.
12. cover and simmer for 30 minutes
13. place the fried chilis into salan .
14. cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
15. serve mirchi ka salan with biryani or roti.