paneer biryani recipe with step by step photos – mildly spiced and delicious dum cooked layered paneer biryani. It is an Indian dish made with paneer, basmati rice, spices and herbs. This paneer biryani is unique, flavorful and amazingly delicious. If you are a vegetarian and love the flavors of authentic biryani then this paneer biryani is a must try.
the paneer biryani is mild and delicately flavored. so not spicy or hot. serve paneer biryani with raita like an onion-tomato raita or cucumber raita or boondi raita. you can also serve with sliced onion-lime salad or onion-tomato-cucumber salad.
There are many kinds of vegetarian biryani made. Most of them use vegetables and are one pot dishes. Sinces this biryani is dum cooked, it turns out to be extremely flavorful and delicious.
Paneer turns out super flavorful and remains soft as it is dum cooked.
Fried onions or brown onions are the key to any dum cooked biryanu. For authentic flavor deep fry the onions until crisp. I have just pan fried them with little oil until brown.
Use premium quality basmati rice as it has a good aroma. Please use good quality paneer or homemade paneer.
This paneer dum biryani is one of those meals that everyone in the family can agree on. It is good for adults and kids since it is high protein meal and also delicious enough to satisfy your hunger.
As the name of the recipe says, it is dum cooked meaning everything is slow cooked together. This method of cooking gives very flavorful and aromatic results. Yum!!
The good thing about biryani dishes that it is made in big batch. You know you can’t make biryani for 2 servings. So you will have leftovers for lunch. I always love when I have lunches ready for reheat.
Every region has their own version of making paneer biryani where different spices and ingredients are used. This is hyderabadi paneer biryani recipe which you always find in Indian restaurants.
Paneer Biryani| Paneer dum biryani| Resturant style Paneer Biryani video recipe :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Paneer Biryani with Step by Step :
Cooking rice for Biryani
1. Rinse basmati rice very well in water till the starch clears from the water. the water should be clear
2. Then soak the rice in water for 30 minutes. later drain the rice well and keep aside.
3. Bring 3 cups water to a rolling boil in a pot.
4. Add salt and oil to boiling water
5. Now add the soaked rice. do not stir the rice.
6. Keep the flame to high and cook the rice without lowering the temperature.
7. The rice grains have to be cooked till 75% or 3/4th. they should have a bite to them when eaten.
8. Drain the rice in a colander.
Preparation for Paneer marination
1. Add paneer cubes in mixing bowl
2. Add curd, ginger garlic paste, red chili, salt, biryani masala, garam masala, oil, chopped coriander leaves, Fried onions, kasuri methi chopped mint leaves and turmeric.
3. Mix well. cover and keep the marinated paneer aside for 1hr.
1. Warm 4 tbsp water on stove top or in the microwave. add 16 to 18 saffron strands to the milk. stir and keep aside.
2. Add some oil and butter to wide pan.
3. Add whole gram masala (cloves, bay leave, cinnamon and cardamoms). Fry for a min
4. Add sliced onion , fry until brown .
5. Add chopped tomatoes and cook til soft.
6. Add marinated paneer, fry for a min
7. Add 1 cup water
8. Add coriander leaves and mix well .
9. Add cooked rice on top of panner gravy.
10. Add fried onions, chopped coriander, fried cashew nuts, saffron water and ghee.
11. Cover the lid and cook for 15 mins on very low flame.
12. serve the paneer biryani hot with boondi raita or cucumber raita or onion tomato raita or salad.