Spinach biryani cooked in the instant pot or stovetop as a one-pot recipe. Aromatic basmati rice, with spinach and spices, make this Spinach Biryani flavorful and healthy! Vegan & Gluten-free. Spinach Biryani, is also a popular Indian side dish enjoyed with a lentil curry or with yogurt.
We are enjoying a lot of one-pot dishes or even meals made in the pressure cooker. There is such less preparation needed, just about 5-10 minutes and then the pressure cooker does the magic.
This Spinach Biryani is not only easy to make, it is also very healthy with the addition of lots of fresh spinach. This Spinach Biryani is made with very basic ingredients such as onions, garlic, spices, and of course, spinach and rice. I like to add whole garam masala to this spinach rice, which adds a delicate aroma.
Spinach needs very less time to cook. Hence for this recipe, I soak the basmati rice so that I can cook rice for less time and on low pressure.
Spinach Biryani In instant pot Video recipe :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Palak Biryani in Instant Pot with Step by Step :
1.Rinse the rice and soaking for 30 minutes. Then drain and keep aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add the spinach stems first and then push the leaves down to submerge them in the water. Blanch until the stems are no longer rigid (About 2 mins). Then drain the spinach and dump into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking immediately.
3. Transfer the spinach into blender.
4.Blend into smooth paste.
5. Start the Instant pot cooker in sauté mode and heat oil and butter in it. Then add the whole spices such as bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom, star anise and cloves.
6. Then add cashew nuts and green chilies. Fry for a min
7. Then add chopped onions, ginger garlic and sauté for 2-3 mins.
8. Then add chopped tomatoes, green peas.
9. Then add 1 cup spinach paste.
10. Then add 2 ½ cups water and salt.
11. Then add soaked rice, mix well. Close lid with vent in sealing position.
12. Cook on Manual or Pressure Cook mode for 7 minutes on low pressure. When the pressure cooker beeps, do a 5 minute NPR, which means let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then manually release the pressure by turning the vale to venting position.
13. Serve and enjoy!