Peanuts Podi| వేరుశెనగ కారంపొడి | Palli Podi for Idli Dosa Rice | Peanut Karam Podi with detailed photo and video recipe – It is a famous dry chutney powder from Andhra Pradesh, India. It is usually served with steamed rice. You can simply mix it with rice, drizzle some ghee and enjoy. It is also served with idli/dosa for breakfast. You will love the mix of spices and herbs in it.
You can mix this podi with rice and a tsp of ghee or have it as a side dish for idli or dosa. Either way it tastes good. You can also sprinkle on vegetable stir fry and curries. This peanut podi comes handy when you are time starved or not in a mood to do any elaborate cooking.
A spoonful of this podi along with the south indian breakfast greatly contributes to the protein requirement for growing kids as well for adults too. It is also a good stand by when you cannot prepare chutney for your breakfast.
You could slightly adjust the amount of ingredients to suit your taste like increasing or decreasing the garlic and red chilies.
This podi is usually prepared in most andhra and karnataka kitchens to accompany the usual breakfasts like IDLI, DOSA, UTTAPAM, UPMA, STEAMED RICE.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Peanuts Podi with step by step :
1.Roast red chilies, garlic ,cumin seeds, coriander seeds on low flame for few minutes. Keep them aside.
2. Dry roast peanuts on low flame for few minutes. Let it cool down and remove the skin.
3. Spread all ingredients in a plate and let it cool down completely.
4. Add all roasted ingredients in your food processor and grind it to make a coarse powder.
5. Spread the powder on a plate for 10 minutes.
6. You can store this in an air-tight container and use it as per your requirement.
7. Serve with idli, dosa or steamed hot rice with ghee.