Praline Recipe| Homemade butter scotch praline with detailed photo and video recipe – is a 3 ingredient recipe made with butter, sugar and nuts. For the nuts they are coarsely crushed or chopped and added. You can add any chopped nuts like almonds, cashews, pistachios, roasted peanuts, walnuts or pecan.
Praline is a type of confectionary sweet that is made with sugar, nuts and butter. This praline recipe gives a tasty, brittle, crunchy and crisp praline which is similar to brown nougat. These can be added to ice cream, cakes, desserts or sweets. You can even just have it plain. They taste so good. The texture is similar to the Indian chikkis made with nuts. Also do note that praline is very quick to make and takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
Praline – Praline is a confectionery that is widely used as topping on Ice cream, cakes and pastries. It mainly consists of sugar, nuts and butter or cream. There are a few different kinds of pralines made and used across the world. Praline was the first thing i choose to make as it would be useful for the dessert toppings.
Making praline at home is simple and easy. It can be made just under 20 mins. You can store in a glass jar and use for a couple of months.
This praline recipe is a 3 ingredient recipe made with butter, sugar and nuts. For the nuts they are coarsely crushed or chopped and added. You can add any chopped nuts like almonds, cashews, pistachios, roasted peanuts, walnuts or pecan.
Sprinkling praline on puddings gives it a nice crunch……you can store this in the fridge and top it in just about everything…..and it so easy to make. Also, you can use any nuts like cashewnuts (which is my personal favorite), almonds, hazelnuts….
The praline made with this recipe stores well and remains crispy and crunchy throughout. It does not soften nor becomes moist. You can easily double or triple the ingredients and make a large batch that can be easily refrigerated for a month.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Praline with step by step :
1. Add sugar to a heavy bottom pan.
2. Begin to melt on a medium flame.
3. Avoid stirring the sugar.Swirl the pan as needed for even distribution.
4. When the sugar begins to melt. Gently swirl the pan as needed for the sugar
5. You can use a spoon to push the sugar stuck towards the edges inside.
6. Reduce the flame to the lowest. Keep a tbsp of butter ready.
7. Add the chopped nuts. Mix well.
8. When the sugar melts completely and begins to smoke, take off the pan from the heat. Do not allow the sugar to smoke up for longer.
9. Immediately add butter and mix well.
10. The mixture froths up and reduces.
11. Pour this to the parchment paper or plate.
12. Cool it completely. Remove and break it to small pieces.
13. Add it to a blender and make a coarse powder.
14. Store praline in a glass jar and use as needed to top your desserts.