oats dosa recipe | Instant oats rava dosa | How to make Oats dosa with detailed photo and video recipe – an easy, crisp and healthy dosa recipe made with powdered oats, rava and rice flour. the recipe is very similar to the popular rava dosa and can be easily said as an extension to it. the recipe is a good alternative from the traditional dosa recipes and can be served for morning breakfast or even as an evening snack with a scoop of spicy chutney.
Oats dosa is a healthy and instant breakfast dish. It is very simple and quick breakfast. Instead of having hazzle in soaking rice and urdal and then grinding for a long time, occasionally we can try this yummy dosa. The oats once roasted will have a very nice aroma and when the ground oats powder is mixed to make batter, the smell is wonderful.
Tips to make crisp oats dosa
- Consistency of batter has to be thin and free flowing similar to the rava dosa batter. Very runny batter may break the dosas or make them paper thin like papad. Too thick batter will make the oats dosas soft, dense and thick.
- Fixing the batter, if your dosa batter turns too runny just add 1 to 2 tbsp of rice flour.
- Temperature : Ensure the tawa or griddle is moderately hot enough before pouring the batter. Very hot griddle will brown the oats dosas due to the addition of curd. If the pan is not hot enough then the batter will stick to the pan.
Rava dosa or onion rava is quite popular as a breakfast in all of south india. A large crispy, golden and lacy dosa is folden into twos or fours. Served along with assorted chutneys and sambar is blissful to even think about !! I took the standard rava dosa and modified it to add oats, making it instant oats rava dosa- One way to include oats in our diet.
It is easy to master the art of making a perfect rava dosa if you get the measurements or batter consistency right and the techinque to pour the batter correctly !! It is all parctice when it comes to making the oats rava dosa. The best part of making a rava dosa os that it is instant- no soaking , no fermenting required.
Dosa recipes are one of the common and staple food for many south indians. the traditional way is to make with a strict portion of rice and urad dal. but it takes a lot of planning, time and effort to make it. Simple instant dosa recipes and oats dosa is one such quick and easy dosa recipe with a crisp texture.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Oats dosa with step by step :
1.Roast ¾ cup rolled oats on low flame till it turns crisp.
2. cool completely and blend to a fine powder.
3. Transfer the powdered oats into a large bowl.
4. Add ½ cup rice flour and ¼ cup rava.
5. Add 1 tsp salt and 2½ cup water.
6. whisk and mix well making sure there are no lumps.
7. 2 chilli, 1/4 cup onion, 2 tbsp coriander and cumin seeds
8. mix well and rest the batter for 20 minutes making sure the rava has absorbed water.
9. mix well making sure the batter is thin watery consistency.
10. Pour the dosa batter over very hot tawa. do not fill the holes, as the texture of rava dosa will spoil.
11. Spread a tsp of oil uniformly
12. lower the flame and cook until the dosa turns golden and crisp.
13. Fold the dosa and serve oats dosa immediately with tomato chutney or coconut chutney.