Ragda chaat recipe | Matar chaat recipe | How to make ragda chaat with detailed photo and video recipe –
an unique white peas based curry chaat recipe made with chopped tomatoes, onions and sev toppings. it is a popular chaat recipe or street food recipe.
One can make many Indian snacks and variety of Indian chaats with hot and spicy ragada. The thick and spicy ragda made with dried green/white peas is a key for making tempting ragda patties, ragda samosa and ragda cutlet among many other Indian snacks.
Matar being the white peas are cooked with spices that make an exquisite chaat. The Ragda patties are served along with the matar chaat making the dish into a wholesome Radga chaat. You can skip making the ragda patties and eat the matar chaat as it is too. However, matar chaat when served with ragda patties tastes delightful.
My mom used to make this ragda chaat for us an evening snack during our growing up years. You can make this ragda chaat as quick snack or even for a party at home. Kids will like this.
If you have boiled the ragda earlier then this chat can be made in less than 5 minutes. Assembling the chat is very easy. If you skip the puri and sev, then this chaat is low on calories and yet tastes good.
You can serve the chaat hot or warm. It tastes good both ways. You can perk up the chaat by adding crispy sev and puri. You can also add sweet tamarind chutney and green chutney to the chat.
Simple street side chat in just 15 mins to serve.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Ragda chaat with step by step :
1.Soak the white peas in water for 5-6hrs.
2. In a pressure cooker take 1 cup soaked white peas (vatana), 1 potato, ½ tsp salt and 3 cup water.
3. pressure cook for 5 whistles or until white peas gets cooked completely.
4. Open the pressure cooker and mash the peas and potato slightly.
5. In a large kadai heat 3 tsp oil and saute 1 onion.
6. saute 1 tomato for 2 mins add 1/8 cup of water cook it turns soft and mushy.
7. Add ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp cumin powder, 1/4 tsp chat masala, 1/4 tsp amchur powder and ¼ tsp salt.
8. saute until the oil is released from the sides.
9. Add boiled peas and mix well.
10. Boil for 5 minutes or until the spices are absorbed well.
11. Add coriander leaves and mix well. ragda is ready.
12. Take a cup of ragda in a serving plate.
13. Top with 2 tsp green chutney and 2 tsp tamarind chutney.
14. Add 2 tbsp onion, 2 tbsp tomato and chopped coriander leaves.
15. Add a pinch of lemon juice, chilli powder and yogurt
16. finally, top with sev and serve ragda chaat