Butterscotch Ice cream | How to make butterscotch ice cream with detailed photo and video recipe – Recipe without icrecream maker and eggs. Butterscotch is a popular confectionery made using sugar and butter. This post is the process of making buttersoctch sauce, praline and making basic ice cream and then using the sauce to flavor it. You can use ready made butterscotch sauce and skip the sauce part.
Praline – Praline is a confectionery that is widely used as topping on Ice cream, cakes and pastries. It mainly consists of sugar, nuts and butter or cream. There are a few different kinds of pralines made and used across the world. Praline was the first thing i choose to make as it would be useful for the dessert toppings.
Making praline at home is simple and easy. It can be made just under 20 mins. You can store in a glass jar and use for a couple of months.
Butterscotch ice cream is one of the popular and tasty Indian ice cream varieties. This butterscotch ice cream recipe is an easy recipe. The ice cream recipe is made only with 3 ingredients. Praline is also made and added to the ice cream. Addition of praline gives that crispy bite when eating butterscotch ice cream.
This silky and creamy ice cream is loaded with chunky pieces of butterscotch pralines. Butter, sugar, and cashew nuts mingled in this ice cream recipe to build such a deliciously crunchy and smooth butterscotch flavored ice cream.
The summer is more than welcome in my part of the world. People go crazy during summer months, everyone here looks so nonchalant and happy. Witnessing people sunbathing in gardens and enjoying their favorite ice cream is a common sight these days.
I believe that there is no such thing as too much ice cream during the summer month. There is nothing like enjoying a scoop of one or two cold drool-worthy ice cream on a hot summer day. I don’t mind attacking ice creams all over the year, but consuming them during summer is so much satisfying and fun.
So habitually when I begin to see the signs of summer, I run to the grocery and buy some whipped cream to make ice cream. What else could be better than a creamy, chilled and deliciously addictive treat to celebrate the arrival of good old warm days? Right?
When I was little, ice creams were one of the most favored summer desserts. And butterscotch is one of the most desired ice cream flavors amongst Indians. If you ask me, I am no exception at all.
This homemade butterscotch ice cream is perfectly smooth, creamy. It has lots of crunchy cashew nuts praline in every bite. Can it get any better? I can assure that you won’t be disappointed with the results. The outcome would be mind-blowingly good. It would turn out exactly the one you get in your favorite ice cream parlor.
This ice cream was smooth, creamy with the right amount of sweetness and of course with lots of crunchy praline in every bite. It cannot get better than this!
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Butterscotch ice cream with step by step :
Making butter scotch sauce
1.Add sugar to a heavy bottom pan.
2. Begin to melt on a medium flame.
3. Avoid stirring the sugar while melting.
4. When the sugar begins to melt. Gently swirl the pan as needed for the sugar.
5. Add butter and mix well.
6. Add heavy cream and mix well.( Make sure cream should be in room temperature). Simmer for 5 minutes on a medium to low flame.
7. stir together and bring it to a boil.
8. The sauce turns slightly thicker but still of pouring consistency.Turn off the heat and cool completely.
9. Butter scotch sauce turns slightly thick when it cools down. Store it in a cool dry jar and refrigerate. This keeps good for about 3 to 4 weeks.
Making butterscotch ice cream
1.Chill a large bowl and the whisk or attachments of the hand mixer for at least 24 hours in the freezer.
2. Pour the chilled cream to the bowl.
3. Begin to whip on a low speed and then on a medium speed.
4. The mixture turns frothy at the first stage and then begins to turn thick.
5. Whip it until you see stiff peaks in the cream.
6. Add the condensed milk , vanilla extract, praline and butter scotch sauce. You can set little sauce aside for toppings.
7. Gently stir until all of them are mixed well. Do not over mix or stir vigorously as the cream may deflate.
8. Add yellow food color and mix well.
9. Taste the ice cream. If you feel you need it a bit more sweeter then add more condensed milk and mix.
10. Sprinkle praline as desired.
11. Cover and freeze overnight or more for the ice cream to set.
12. Scoop the ice cream to bowl. Drizzle some sauce and then praline.
13. Serve butterscotch ice cream immediately.