Roasted Chana Dal Chutney Recipe | Putnala Chutney with detailed photo and video recipe – Chana Dal Chutney Recipe is made of roasted chana dal or dalia dal and in South India it is popularly used in the making of chutneys, bot wet and dry. This particular chutney is very hot and spicy and it goes well with all kinds of South Indian Tiffin/Breakfast items.
The recipe does use some fresh coconut, but the amount of chana dal is more than coconut. In the absence of fresh coconut, you can easily add desiccated coconut. Tempering in this recipe is also optional and you can just skip it. the recipe is a quick one and gets done within 15 minutes, if you have grated coconut handy.
This is the most popular and preferred chutney in Andhra for most of the breakfast recipes like Idly, Dosa, Pesarattu, Upma, and Pongal. It’s amazing how bringing a few ingredients together creates such flavor.
Chana dal video recipe :
Chana dal recipe card :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Roasted chana dal chutney with step by step recipe :
1.Take1/2 cup chana dal, 2 tbsp grated coconut , 3 green chilies, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and salt as required in a chutney grinder jar.
2. Add 4 to 5 tbsp water and grind to a smooth chutney.
3. Remove the chutney in a small pan or bowl.
4. In another small pan or tadka pan, heat 1/2 tbsp oil.
5. Add mustard, urad dal, chana dal, red chili and fry 2 mins
6. Then add the curry leaves.
7. Saute till the curry leaves become crisp.
8. Pour the entire tempering ingredients along with the hot oil in the chutney.
9. Stir very well and serve roasted chana dal chutney with idli, medu vadai or dosa or any south indian tiffin breakfast.