SORREL LEAVES CHUTNEY | CHUKKAKURA PACHADI with detailed photo and video recipe – Chukkakura pachadi – Khatta palak or sorrel leaves chutney – a traditional Andhra style pachadi recipe with chukkakura also called khatta palak or garden sorrel.
Chukkakura called as sorrel leaves in English is a type of green leafy vegetable which is sour in taste. This is a winter veggie and today I have used the leaves which are grown in my terrace garden.
Sorrel leaves get these leaves in the market all year in india. After i came to USA, i am not able to find these leaves here. But i love this chutney alot. So i got some seeds in online. I am growing these in my home.
Generally, we make dal using these sorrel leaves but this chutney tastes good and stores for a day at room temperature and for a couple of days in the refrigerator.
These leaves contains high amounts of vitamin C, vitamin A, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. The anti-oxidant properties in the sorrel plant can help fight the signs of aging. It can help protect against free radical damage that can leave the skin looking aged and wrinkled. Free radicals also have a hand in causing stroke and Alzheimer’s disease, along with many other problems. When used as a dried herb, the leaves of the sorrel plant can be used to treat itchy skin, fever, scurvy, and ringworm. Sorrel can be cut thinly and sprinkled over soups and salads to help relieve these ailments.
Today i didn’t add sesame seeds, we can add 1 tbsp sesame seeds or peanuts .
SORREL LEAVES CHUTNEY | CHUKKAKURA PACHADI(చుక్కకూర పచ్చడి) | KHATTI PALAK CHUTNEY with video recipe :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Sorrel leaves chutney with step by step :
1.Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan
2. Add 1 tsp urad dal, 1 tsp chana dal, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 3 garlic cloves and 3 dry chilies.
3. Fry on medium heat for 3 – 4 mins. Remove from pan and cool.
4. In the same pan, add washed sorrel leaves and saute for approx 5 mins or till the leaves wilt and rawness disappears. Turn off heat and cool.
5. Transfer the fried dals and sauted green along with salt.
6. Blend into smooth. (add little water if necessary).
7. Heat oil in pan for seasoning.
8. Add ingredients under seasoning stir for a few seconds and turn off heat.
9. Pour the chutney and combine.
10. Serve with hot rice , a dollop of ghee .