ANDHRA STYLE KARAM PODI |IDLI KARAM PODI with detailed photo and video recipe – is a special podi which is made by roasting the lentils on low flame. This podi goes very well with Idli, dosa and even with rice by adding ghee. Karam podi is a little bit spicy but with full of flavours. I prepare this podi very often as it is very easy.
This unique tasting dry podi recipes comes in handy with most of the South Indian breakfast recipes, when there are less side dishes and when you are in rush to start a busy day.
This podi is best served with hot steamed rice and a dollop of ghee or gingelly oil. It also makes for a delectable side with idli. Liberally sprinkle the podi on the warm idlis, drizzle some gingelly oil or ghee and relish. 🙂
This is usually a pretty standard accompaniment to most South Indian Breakfasts, especially with Idly and Dosa. Surprisingly, it also goes well with Uthappam, Adai and even rice. And curiously, it’s great on toast too!It is a simple combination of roasted lentils and chillies, ground to a coarse powder, and mixed with sesame oil or ghee before eating.And I really can’t have enough of it. I love the heat it generates, and the contrast in texture to a soft idly. The crunch and heat really do wake you up!
ANDHRA STYLE KARAM PODI |IDLI KARAM PODI Video recipe :
Karam podi recipe card:
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make karam podi with step by step :
1.Heat a fry pan, add cumin seeds, urad dal, coriander seeds and chana dal.
2. Roast lentils on low flame till it slightly changes colour. Keep aside.
3. In same pan, add tamarind, curry leaves and red chilies.
4. Dry roast for 2-3 min and transfer into a plate to cool down.
5. Add all the cooled ingredients into a mixer along with salt.
6. Transfer the podi into an airtight container and store it for up to 1-2 months.
7. Enjoy this tasty and delicious Andhra style Karam podi with your favorite idli or dosa.