Instant Pot Coconut Milk Pulao |Coconut Rice Recipe|Veg Rice with Coconut Milk with detailed photo and video recipe – Coconut Milk Pulao is a South Indian one pot recipe made in thick coconut milk and few vegetables and served with any veg curry and raita.
Coconut Milk Pulao that’s lunchbox friendly is so good that you crave for more. The process is so easy and cooking in Instant Pot makes it even more easier. Must try recipe.
This is a one of the easy go to recipe on busy morning for packing lunch box.It is more easy if you already have cut vegetables and coconut milk at home.I usually cut the vegetables previous night.I also make coconut milk at home but you can use store brought coconut milk.This Recipe is also great for potlucks or picnics.
Today’s recipe i am sharing is prepared in Instant Pot Electric Pressure cooker, however you can make dish in stove top pressure cooker or in a Pan.For preparing this dish in a stove top pan.Follow same steps and close lid and cook on low flame till all liquid is absorbed and rice is fluffy.
Coconut Milk has various health benefits such as by stimulating weight loss and lowering cholesterol.It is tastier as all.
How to Make Coconut Milk at Home?
Blend 1/2 cup of shredded coconut (fresh or frozen) with 1 cup of warm water .Strain the coconut milk in a strainer or or nut milk bag.Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate.
What To Serve With Coconut Milk Pulao?
Coconut Milk Pulao can be served with dal/lentils ,curry or raita.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Coconut Milk Rice in Instant Pot with Step by Step :
1. Press SAUTE mode on Instant Pot.
2. Add oil and butter, once it’s hot add Bay leaf, whole spices, cumin, green chillies ,ginger-garlic paste .Saute for 30 secs until aromatic.
3. Then add sliced onions and cashew nuts ,cook until they turn soft and light brown in color – stir regularly.
4. Add vegetables and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Add Coconut milk,water,washed Basmati Rice,salt and give a stir .
6. Press CANCEL button on Instant Pot
7. Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve from VENTING to SEALING position.
8. Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 6 minutes
9. Do a NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE(NPR for 10-12 min) (Wait until silver button on lid drops).BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM
10. Remove lid away from you,mix well and fluff with a fork or spoon.
11. Coconut milk Pulao is ready.Serve with Curry,Raita or plain yogurt.