Cauliflower pickle recipe | Cauliflower avakaya | Gobi ka achar with detailed photo and video recipe – Learn to make andhra style cauliflower avakaya with this simple recipe . Avakaya is a popular pickle variety of andhra. It is usually made with raw mangos. There are many different recipes of making this andhra mango pickles.
During the days when raw mangoes are not available, this pickle is made with cauliflower. This is same as instant mango pickle, replace mango with cauliflower. I will make with cucumber, amla also with same procedure. I will post these recipes soon in my blog.
Staying in USA, we won’t get good raw mangoes every time in summer for making mango pickle. So ususally make these vegetable pickles more to compromise.
To making Cauliflower pickle recipe , we need to wash florest for 3 – 4 times in salt water and sun dry for 2 to 4 hours . Make sure there is no moisture in that florets. For me in winter, it is not possible to sun dry in USA. I will dry on cloth or tissue paper for over night. In the morning , i will saute the florets with 1 tbsp of oil. To make sure there is no moisture.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Cauliflower pickle with step by step :
1.Clean the cauliflower and cut the florets to the desired size
2. Soak in salted luke warm water for 10 mins.
3. Wash them under fresh running water, drain and set aside. If you chance to sun dry do it for 2 – 3 hrs. If you cannot sun dry, then dry them on cotton cloth and fan dry or leave it for over night.
4. Make sure there is no water in the florets.
5. Powder the mustard seeds and keep them aside.(or use store bought mustard powder)
6. In a mixing bowl, add dried cauliflower florets
7. Add mustard powder, red chili powder, salt, oil and pour lemon juice .
8. Mix everything well, leave it for 1 day.
9. On next day oil should be floating on top. If not then add more oil as needed.
10. Taste the pickle and add little salt if needed.
11. Stays good for about a month in refrigerator.
12. Serve cauliflower pickle with rice and ghee.