Methi chutney | Menthi kura pachadi | Fenugreek leaves chutney is a andhra style chutney made with methi leaves aka fenugreek leaves, red chilies, tamarind, garlic and spices. Methi leaves chutney is healthy, spicy and very flavorful.
Fenugreek is very good for health and is consumed in various forms across the world. Fenugreek seeds are commonly used in variety of Indian Cuisines. Raw fenugreek leaves are used in cooking and goes well with rice or roti. Dried fenugreek leaves or often referred as kasoori methi are a must to many Indian gravy curries as it gives nice aroma to elevate the curry taste.
Fenugreek leaves are know as methi in indian language and are widely used in a variety of dishes like parath , dal and curry.
The bitterness in the leaves is well baleanced with the sour and hot ingredients used in the recipe.
Methi chutney tastes amazingly delicious, spicy and hot. For kids we can reduce the chilies and garlic.
This menthi kura pachadi or chutney is best served with hot rice and ghee. It also goes well with dosa, paratha, roti.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Methi chutney with step by step :
1.Pluck and add methi leaves to a large pot of water. Then rinse them with water for 4 to 5 times until clean.
2. Add 1 tbsp oil to a pan.
3. Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds, urad dal ,garlic and red chilies. Fry for a min.
4. After that add chopped tomatoes and salt. Mix well.
5. Add methi leaves and turmeric, mix well.
6. Add tamarind paste (In place of tamarind paste we can also use tamarind juice). Mix well.
7. Cook on medium heat until mushy.
8. Keep the mixture for room temperature.
9. Transfer into blender . Blend into coarse paste.(No need to add any water while blending).
10. Trasnfer into serving bowl.
11. Take a pan for seasoning, add the ingredients.
12. Fry the seasoning and add to the chutney.
13. Serve with hot rice