Cheese balls | Potato cheese balls with detailed photo and video recipe – an easy to make appetizer which is crunchy from outside and gooey and cheesy from inside.
These delicious crispy potato cheese balls make an awesome party snack. These are flavorful, addictive and will be loved by kids and grown ups alike. Cheese balls can be made in many different ways. The recipe shared here is super quick to make and the cheese balls can be deep fried, pan fried or even baked.
Well, Potato Cheese Balls are one such starter that becomes a star at every house party, get-togethers or birthday party and the plate is always wiped clean because of its gooey cheesy texture.
This dish is a mouth-watering combination of potatoes and cheese
Cheese is an ingredient that is often used in Italian cuisine, but it is getting incorporated into Indian cuisine as well to create some delicious Indo fusion dishes.
Other than house parties, these are also my favorite to make during Monsoons.
With the raindrops falling, the air becoming a little chilled, these hot and crispy Cheese Balls taste just awesome.
Whenever I have sudden guests at home, I just take these out and fry them till they turn crispy and golden brown.
You can even bake or air fry these delicious cheesey balls if you are looking for a healthy alternative.
You can serve these with any dip, sauce or chutneys. This is one of those recipes which i have made many times for my kid and it has never disappointed.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Potato cheese balls with step by step :
1.Boil potatoes with the skin on until fully cooked. They should not be too mushy.
2. Remove the skin and mash them will until smooth with a masher.
3. Add garlic powder, italian seasoning , salt, chili flakes, pepper and bread crumbs.
4. Mix them well and make a ball. The mixture must bind together and should not be sticky or too dry.
5. Divide the mixture into equal sized balls.
6. Mix together italian seasoning , chili flakes, pepper and cheese. Toss them well. set aside.
How to make cheese balls
1.Take a potato ball and make small hole into middle. Place a cheese in the center.
2. Gently bring the edges together to make a ball. Ensure the ball is sealed well without any cracks.
3. Add 2 tbsp cornflour to another wide bowl.
4. Roll the finished ball in corn flour. The same way make all the cheese balls.
5. Transfer 1/2 cup bread crumbs to a separate plate. set this aside.
6. Add 2 tbsp corn flour to another bowl and mix with 3 to 4 tbsps water. Make a thin mixture. Alternately you can also use a beaten egg.
7. Immediately roll it in bread crumbs. Set this aside in a plate. Finish making all the balls.
Frying cheese balls
1.To a wide deep pan pour oil just enough to half immerse the cheese balls. Heat the oil on a medium flame.
2. Drop a small piece of the potato mixture to check if the oil is hot enough. It has to come up immediately. This is the right temperature.
3. Regulate the flame to medium. Next gently slide the balls one by one and do not distrub them for half to 1 min.
4. Gently stir them and fry until golden and crisp.
5.Serve potato cheese balls hot with any dip or sauce.