Curry base | Multi purpose curry gravy base | Restaurant style curry base with detailed photo and video recipe –
curries or sabzi recipes are very common among indian households. These curries generally have the same gravy base, but differs with vegetables .In this post we will learn how to make an all-purpose curry base recipe and use it for different types of indian curries.
The multipurpose basic curry sauce or curry base recipe. You need to prepare it once and refrigerate it and use it for curries like capsicum masala, egg masala, curry noodles, kaju masala or mix veg gravy.
If you wish to have a longer shelf life you may need to be generous in adding cooking oil while preparing the base. oil helps to preserve the sauce and also improves the shelf life of the curry base. lastly, you may need to freeze the curry sauce and you should be good by just refrigerating it. it should easily last long for 4 weeks easily.
Curry base | Multi purpose curry gravy base | Restaurant style curry base with video recipe :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make all purpose base curry with step by step :
ONION TOMATO PASTE PREPARATION:
1.In a large kadai heat 1 tbsp oil and add 1 inch cinnamon, 1 tsp cardamom, 1 tsp clove, 2 bay leaf and 2 tsp cumin.
2. saute on low flame until it turns aromatic.
3. add 1/4 cup coriander seeds, 30 grams garlic, 30 grams ginger and fry on medium heat
4. add 1/4 cup sesame seeds fry for 5 minutes or until it turns aromatic.
5. cool completely and transfer to the blender.
6. blend to smooth paste by adding little water. keep aside.
MULITPURPOSE BASE PREPARATION:
1.In a large kadai heat ¼ cup oil and add 3 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder, 3 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tsp cumin powder and 1 tsp garam masala.
2. saute on low flame until the spices turn aromatic.
3. add onion paste and tomato paste and mix well.
4. and add 1 tsp turmeric and salt . mix well.
5. cover and cook for 20 minutes or until oil separates. make sure to stir in between to prevent from burning.
6. add in prepared masala paste and cook well.
7. cook until the mixture separates the oil.
8. last add crushed kasuri methi and mix well.
9. curry base is ready. cool completely and refrigerate in an airtight box for upto 10 days. you can freeze for upto a month.
Capsicum cashew masala curry
1.In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil.
2. once oil is heated, add cashews and fry on medium heat until golden. keep them aside.
3. In same pan add cubed capsicum and fry on medium heat for 5 mins or until crispy. Keep them aside.
4. In same pan, add 1 tbsp oil.
5. once oil is heated add cumin seeds, fry for 1 mins.
6. Then add curry base mix well.
7. add fried cashews and capsicum mix well.
8. add 1/4 cup water and mix well. cook for 5 mins on low heat.
9. cook until the mixture separates the oil.
10. serve into bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
11. serve hot with roti, phulka, chapathi or steamed rice.
Egg masala curry
1.In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil.
2. Add 1/2 tsp red chili powder,1/4 tsp turmeric, 1/4 tsp cumin powder and salt. mix well
3. cut the boiled eggs into half and place in pan.
4. fry eggs on low flame on both sides until golden. keep aside.
5. In another pan, heat 1 tbsp oil
6. add 1/2 cup curry base . mix well
7. add fried eggs and 1/4 cup water, mix well.
8. cook for 5 mins on low flame with lid close.
9. oil separates on top .
10. curry is ready to serve and garnish with coriander leaves
11. serve with hot rice or roti.
Veg curry noodles
1.In a large pan , heat 1 tbsp oil .
2. add 1/2 cup chopped beans and saute for 1 min
3. add 1/4 cup sliced carrot and saute for 2 mins
4. add 1/4 cup shredded cabbage and saute for 2 mins. (Don’t over cook the veggies, it should be crunchy)
5. add curry base and water. mix well.
6. add boiled noodles and mix every thing combined well.
7. Serve hot