palak paneer recipe | how to make palak paneer recipe dhaba style with detailed photo and video recipe – a healthy green coloured paneer recipe prepared mainly from the thick paste of spinach puree. The easy palak paneer recipe hails from the popular north indian cuisine or punjabi cuisine and is typically served with tandoor roti & naan.
There are many ways to prepare it, but this a restaurant-style or dhaba style spinach cottage cheese curry.
one such unique, one of the green coloured palak curry is palak paneer with paneer cubes, garam masala and other spices.
I have always been a huge fan of paneer recipes and especially to the north indian paneer curries for roti or chapathi.
I have a special attachment towards the palak paneer recipe and hence it is the most frequent prepared paneer recipe in my house.
creamy dark green colour with soft and tender fried paneer cubes makes this dish lip smacking heaven.
This curry is mainly served with roti or naan, particularly, jeera rice and palak gravy is my personal favourite and i ensure to make this combo each time i end preparing this palak curry.
I prefer soft and moist paneer, ensure to soak the paneer in hot water before frying them. secondly, i have added tomatoes and onions with other dry spices. lastly, for the vegan version of palak paneer, use soya based tofu cubes as an alternative to paneer cubes, also skip the cream at the last step.
For home made paneer , no need to fry the paneer. If you bought store bought, fry paneer cubes for 1 min.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make palak paneer with step by step :
1.take 5 cups water in big bowl and boil
2. add spinach to boiling water, and boil for 2 mins
3. remove the blanced spinach into ice water
4. cool completely for 2 -3 mins
Preparing palak paneer
1.Take blanched palak, 1 inch ginger, 3 clove garlic and cumin seeds
2. blend to smooth paste without adding any water. keep aside.
3. now in a large kadai heat 3 tsp oil, 1 tsp butter and roast the spices till it turns aromatic.
4. add 1 onion and saute till it turns golden brown
5. add 1 tomato and saute till the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
6. add prepared palak paste, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 tsp turmeric ,1/2 tsp red chilli powder,1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala and ¾ tsp salt.
7. mix well adjusting consistency as required.
8. add cream mix well.
9. add paneer and mix well.
10. add 1 tsp kasuri methi ,mix well.
11. simmer for 5 minutes or till paneer absorbs flavour.
12. serve dhaba style palak paneer with roti / naan.