grilled tofu skewers | tofu tikka recipe with detailed photo and video recipe – are perfect for party appetizers or making Indian tofu tikka masala curry. You will love this meatless delicacy with healthy protein. These are also perfect for potlucks and outdoor summer parties.
a popular tofu recipe prepared from marinating tofu cubes with spices and yogurt. Traditionally, paneer or chicken is marinated in spices and cooked to perfection in a tandoor oven. And, this is the secret behind the delicious smoky tasting Tikka Masala in addition to its gravy.
GRILLED TOFU TIKKA SKEWERS RECIPE!
Prepare a basic marinade using garam masala, chili powder, ginger-garlic paste, greek yogurt, salt and some lime juice. Marinate tofu , onions and bell peppers well in advance before grilling. Cook the tofu and peppers on the skewers to perfection on a preheated grill pan or outdoor barbecue grill. Serve these tofu kebabs with some mint chutney. You can absolutely make this recipe using paneer or chicken instead of tofu.
This grilled tofu will be a perfect addition to tofu starter recipes.
Always purchase extra firm tofu for this type of recipe.
Drain excess water from the tofu by using a tofu press. Or just wrap the tofu block in thick layers of paper towels and place something heavy on top of it.
Use greek yogurt for marination as it contains less water.
Marinate tofu and veggies in the marinade for sufficient time to get more flavors.
Tofu is a good source of plant-based protein and it does not contain cholesterol. Moreover, it contains all eight essential amino acids. Tofu is naturally rich in iron, calcium, and minerals. It also provides a good amount of vitamin B1, zinc, copper and magnesium.For vegetarian and vegan diets, tofu is an excellent source to replace dairy protein.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make grilled tofu with step by step :
1.take 3/4 cup thick curd / yogurt.
2. add in all the spices along with salt.
3. mix till all the spices are combined well with curd.
4. now add ½ onion petals, ½ cubed capsicum , 1/2 cubed tomatoes and half block tofu pieces
5. add 1 tsp of oil.
6. mix gently till all the vegetables are coated well.
7. marinate, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
8. soak the skewers in warm water for 15 mins.
9. Remove the skewers from water .
10. after marination, insert the marinated tofu, capsicum, tomato and onions into wooden skewers.
11. roast it on a hot tawa or grill .
12. spread a tsp of oil .
13. roast on medium flame and keep rotating in between.
14. roast all sides, making sure it doesn’t burnt.
15. serve tofu tikka immediately.