Lauki kofta | సొరకాయ కోఫ్తా | How to make bottlegourd kofta curry with detailed photo and video recipe – simple, healthy Lauki kofta is a light tomato-based delicious gravy dunked with koftas made from bottle gourd (lauki or ghia or dudhi).. This is an ideal curry and and best alternative to traditional malai kofta curry and can be easily served with roti or chapathi.
Certainly the kofta curry recipe would be good alternative which is tasty yet healthy and nutritious. basically, bottle guard is grated and mixed with dry spices and later deep fried to prepare the koftas. The whole curry is mildly spiced and has a good flavor and slight tang due to tomatoes. The koftas along with the curry taste really yummy.
Lauki kofta recipe is very similar to koftas are prepared by grating the bottle gourd. Later to the grated bottle gourd, dry spices and besan or chickpea flour is added and then it is shaped to round balls and deep fried. Once the balls are shaped it is later deep fried or shallow fried or even baked to crisp balls. finally lauki kofta immersed in a creamy tomato and onion based sauce and served.
So I improvised upon her recipe and to make the gravy more smooth and creamy, I started adding cream .It not only enhance the taste, but even give a smooth rich consistency to the gravy. If you don’t have cream, we can use cashew paste.
This lauki ka kofta recipe requires you to do some prep work before hand like making the lauki koftas or pakoras. In this recipe I have made koftas. As a result, they don’t absorb much of the gravy. You can make the kofta or pakoras beforehand and refrigerate. Then make the gravy the next day. The koftas made from this recipe can be added to the gravy safely. They won’t break.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Bottlegourd kofta with step by step :
FOR KOFTA PREPARATION:
1.Peel and grate lauki. squeeze well. Keep the drain for curry
2. Transfer into bowl add red chili powder, coriander leaves, coriander powder, pepper powder, besan, salt and turmeric.
3. Mix well
4. Take small portion and make into small balls.
5. Carefully drop into hot oil
6. Fry on medium heat until crispy and golden
7. Remove from slotted spoon and keep on tissue paper.
LAUKI KOFTA PREPARATION RECIPE:
1.Take a pan add ghee and oil.
2. Once the oil is hot add cumin and bay leaf.
3. Add onion and salt. Saute for 2-3 mins.
4. Add ginger garlic paste , fry for a min.
5. Add turmeric and chilli powder.
6. Add tomato paste and saute well.
7. Add in coriander powder , garam masala and salt.
8. Add in leftover lauki water , mix well and boil.
9. Add cream and mix well. (If gravy become thick add little water to desired consistency).
10. Add prepared kofta balls and 2 tbsp of water. Boil on medium flame for 2 mins
11. Garnish with coriander leaves
12. Transfer the gravy to a serving bowl.
13. Serve lauki kofta curry with roti.