Paneer butter masala with detailed photos and video – Learn how to make the best restaurant style paneer butter masala at home. It is one of the most popular vegetarian dishes from Indian cuisine. I have tried multiple variations of paneer butter masala. Today i am going to show you one method which our family like a lot. But sure i will post the remaining methods which i have learn in soon.
I love simple recipes and easy cooking that calls fewer ingredients and fewer steps to follow. This restaurant style paneer butter masala is always winner for its simplicity and amazing taste.
Super-rich creamy north indian or punjabi curry made with cottage cheese. It is a vegetarian alternative to the famous butter chicken where paneer is replaced with chicken cubes. It is a premium curry ideally served with choice of indian flatbread or even with choice or rice recipes like jeera rice and plain rice.
I always prefer to have something more spicy with paneer like Matar Paneer , kadai paneer or palak paneer . Some times i peffered to make with tofu in place of panner. Tofu is also like a cheese but made with soya milk. Mostly like to have tofu kadi most of times.
Firstly, i would heavily recommend using good quality of paneer for this recipe. It has to be moist, soft and fresh and ideally, homemade paneer cubes are ideal for this recipe
It is a restaurant derived dish and ther is no one particular way it is made across India. Each restaurant follow their own method and a set of ingredients.
You can also make this curry without onion and garlic, just skip them and follow the recipe.
In this recipe i have use tomatoe paste instead of tomatoes, we can also use red ripe tomatoes. Avoid cooking paneer in the butter masala for too long. I generally add it to the gravy. Stir and cook covered for below 5 mins. Immediately remove to a serving bowl.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Paneer butter Masala with step by step :
Preparation for masala
1.Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan
2. Add cardamoms,ginger,garlic,onion.
3. Fry stirring often until transparent or pink.
4. Next add tomato paste and mix well.
5. Turn off the stove and cool this completely.
6. Transfer to a blender and puree to a really smooth mixture and set this aside.
How to make paneer butter masala
1.Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan.
2. Add bay leaf, cinnamon, and cloves. Fry for 1 min
3. pour the blended onion tomato masala and add 1/2 water. Mix well
4. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala. Mix well
5. If needed add 1/2 cup of water good enough to make the paneer butter masala gravy.
6. Cook until the gravy thickens and reaches the desired consistency.
7. Lower the flame add paneer cubes
8. Add kasurei methi and salt
9. Mix and cook covered on a low heat for 5 mins .
10. Pour cream and mix
11. Transfer paneer butter masala to a serving bowl. Garnish with cream