Peanut Chikki | పల్లీ పట్టి స్వీట్ షాప్ లాగా | Groundnut chikki with detailed photo and video recipe – It is one of the famous and traditional indian sweet recipe prepared with brown or sticky jaggery and roasted peanuts. Peanut Chikki is the Indian version of Peanut Brittle. It’s made with peanuts, jaggery and nothing else really. Generally chikki’s are termed to groudnut chikki but it can also be prepared with sesame seeds, puffed rice and even beaten rice.It is one of the most loved sweet snack across India. Like most kids, mine too love peanut chikki.
How to choose jaggery for chikki
To make perfect chikki, choose normal jaggery. Avoid the premium quality ones labelled like – organic, unrefined, pure jaggery , no added chemicals, evaporated sugarcane juice powder etc.
The recipe of chikki is very straightforward and it begins with preparing a hot jaggery syrup with the jaggery. typically jaggery would melt by itself when heated but it can be triggered with by adding some water. later it is mixed with roasted peanuts and transferred to mould which shaped to bars.
I have roasted the peanuts in the kadai before adding them to jaggery syrup. alternatively, you can use store bought roasted peanuts or even the peanuts roasted in microwave.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Peanut Chikki with step by step :
1.In a thick bottomed pan dry roast 1/2 cup peanut on low flame. (We can also dry roast in mircrooven or oven at low temperature)
2. keep stirring continuously, so that peanuts gets roasted uniformly and do not burn.
3. once the peanuts starts to separate its skin, turn off the flame and cool completely.
4. peel off the skin and keep aside.
5. Take 1/3 cup of jaggery in large kadai
6. Add 1 tbsp water and stir till the jaggery melts keeping flame on low.
7. Stir well till the jaggery melts.
8. Boil the jaggery syrup on low flame for 5 minutes.
9. Boil till the syrup turns thickens.
10. Check the consistency, by dropping syrup into a bowl of water, it should form hard ball , else boil for another minute and check.
11. Turn off the flame add roasted peanuts.
12. Stir well making sure jaggery syrup coats well.
13. Pour the mixture to a tray lined with butter paper.
14. Spread and pat with the help of a small cup to smoothen the top.
15. Allow to cool for 5 mins and when its still warm cut into pieces.