Eggless chocolate cake in Appam Pan with a detailed photo and video recipe. This mini chocolate cake is a No-Bake recipe and will save you from all the hassle of baking and you can easily whip up a good dessert whenever you crave a sweet dessert.
This moist & fluffy chocolate cake recipe is easy to make and is a great any time snack recipe or a lunch box favorite for kids or even for a birthday or get-togethers. This is the perfect combination of the sweetness from Sugar & chocolate flavor from the cocoa powder and has the right balance of all the ingredients to make the best mini chocolate cakes.
This mini cakes recipe is vegetarian friendly and does not use eggs, but it is not dairy-free or completely vegan.
We are going to make this recipe in an Appam Pan. The benefit of using an appam pan for this recipe is, the mini cakes come out just the right size for kids ? and adults can munch them in one hella choco bite ?
What’s an Appam Pan?
Appam Pan is known by different names as Kuzhi Paniyaram pan, Appampatra, Paddu, Unniappam, Paniyarakal pan, Takoyaki Pan, Puff Pancake Pan, and Aebleskiver Pan. It is widely used in the South Indian states of Andhra Pradesh & Tamilnadu to make Gunta Punugulu aka Paniyaram, another famous evening snack recipe that’s made with Idli/Dosa batter & mixed vegetables.
What if you don’t have an Appam Pan? Don’t worry, you can still follow the recipe as-is and bake the cake batter in a regular springform or any cake mold.
Tips to make perfect mini chocolate cakes in Appam Pan
- Sift/sieve the dry ingredients thoroughly including cocoa powder
- Do not turn ON the heat for Appam Pan until you are ready to cook
- Once the batter is ready, don’t cover it aka no resting needed
- Use oil only to grease the appam pan as butter hardens the cakes once cooled
- Use only the all-purpose flour or cake flour as with the traditional whole wheat flour the mini cakes turn out hard once cooled down.
- The right amount of baking powder & baking soda gives the cake that fluffiness. As this is an eggless version these two are the key ingredients.
- Optionally, you can put dark or white chocolate chips or Nutella & nut mix in the cake to make an easy molten chocolate cake
- Use Powdered sugar instead of granulated sugar which takes time to melt and change the texture of the cake
- Add a tsp vanilla essence as it boosts the chocolate flavor and gives a nice aroma
Mini Chocolate cake in Appam Pan Recipe video
Mini Chocolate cake in Appam Pan Recipe Card
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Mini chocolate cake in appam pan with step by step :
- In a large mixing bowl, add oil, curd, milk, and make a mixture by whisking or beating in one direction till the mixture turns smooth and creamy.
- Sieve the plain flour/all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and powdered sugar into the same bowl.
- Add vanilla extract and give a good mix.
- The cake batter is ready and ensure the batter is of smooth dropping consistency.
- Let’s prepare the appam pan, apply little oil to the pan. Do not turn on the heat yet. Pour a spoonful of cake batter into each indent/hole.
- Now turn on the heat, put the appam pan lid, and cook on gas on high for 1 min (or electric at 250°F temperature).
- Remove the lid, and check the cake with a toothpick or fork or knife. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the Cake is completely baked.
- Make sure you check and cook for another min if required. Turn Off the heat and remove the appam pan from heat.
- Let it cool down for a min, take the cakes out from the pan and transfer to a plate.
- Mini Chocolate Cake is ready. Drizzle with melted white chocolate sauce or milk chocolate and serve the chocolate cake as a sweet dessert or as a snack. Optionally, you can top it off with whipped cream for more creaminess.