Quinoa ladoo – a Healthy Treat | Diwali sweet with detailed photo and video recipe – Diwali is coming so i have confused which ladoo should i do. I love mothichoor ladoo a lot. But after coming to USA i am missing these ladoo, i don’t have laddle to make and preparation also it will take long process. So I decided to make something different. Here is Quinoa laddoo…
You might be surprised looking at the laddoos whether they are motichoor ladoo or what I am showing it as a quinoa ladoo.
Quinoa ladoo…they look similar to motichoor ladoo but taste different. Preparation is easier than a motichoor ladoo where it requires making besan (bengal gram flour) boondi by deep frying, immersing in sugar syrup which again should be of perfect consistency and temperature. So don’t worry about all the hard work to be done to enjoy quinoa laddoo and I promise you will love to prepare these ladoos again and again once you try it. My daughter who is 4 years old loved these laddoos .
Quinoa ladoo is very popular these days. More people are consuming quinoa because its a very healthy seed. Yes, a seed and not a grain. I love quinoa and cook it often.
How to cook perfect quinoa
Pressure cooker method
I used a pressure cooker method. First wash one cup of quinoa and rinse with water and keep it aside. Now transfer to a pressure cooker vessel and measure two cups of water and add in it and cook it in a medium heat/ flame till you get one whistle. Let the pressure from the cooker be released by itself, it will take time.
Once all the steam is released open the cooker lid and spread it on a plate and let it cool before you saute it on a skillet or pan.
Open pot/ saucepan method
First wash one cup of quinoa and rinse with water and keep it aside. Now transfer the rinsed quinoa to a saucepan and add two cups of water. Bring the water to a vigorous boil, then lower heat and simmer, covered, until quinoa is tender but still chewy and white spiral-like threads appear around each grain.
These laddoos can stay great up to a day in room temperature. No refrigeration needed. Store in a cool dry place. If you refrigerate, it gets hard and you will need to warm it slightly in a microwave before serving to make it soft again.
How to prepare Quinoa ladoo detailed video recipe
Quinoa ladoo recipe card
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to prepare Quinoa ladoo with step by step
1.First wash one cup of quinoa and rinse with water and keep it aside.
2. Now transfer the rinsed quinoa to a saucepan and add two cups of water.
3. Bring the water to a vigorous boil, then lower heat and simmer, covered, until quinoa is tender but still chewy and white spiral-like threads appear around each grain.
1.In a pan, heat 1 tbsp ghee (clarified Butter) and fry the broken cashews or any Dry Fruits of your choice until golden brown.
2. In the remaining ghee (clarified butter), saute the cooked quinoa for about one to two minutes
3. And add sugar, stir continuously until sugar completely melts.
4. Add cardamom powder and, saffron strands and yellow or orange food color. Stir well.
5. Add remaining 1 tbsp ghee and stir until mixture starts to leave the side of the pan.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Let it sit on the counter for a while till it becomes warm and prepare laddus.
8. Grease your palms with ghee (clarified Butter) to shape the laddoos as round balls.
9. Shape the laddoos as small or big whichever you prefer, I prefer the size which kids can hold it and eat . Garnish with fried cashew nuts on top
10. You can also serve it as a warm