Pumpkin Soup | easy creamy pumpkin soup in 30 mins with detailed photo and video recipe – it is basically prepared with just three main ingredients including the juicy pumpkin, garlic and fried onions. It is perfect staple food for the upcoming winter season.
The soup is super comforting and will become your new favorite fall soup! It will also be perfect for your Halloween or Thanksgiving entertaining!
The soup season is here, it’s everywhere! I have always been a soup lover, in India winters weren’t as bad as they are here. During those cold winter evenings , I always wanted a bowl of hot soup and nothing else. I didn’t use to drink any coffee or chai then so soup was the only hot thing I could drink.
My favorite soup used to be tomato soup and sweet corn soup and at my home it was never made from scratch. I believe that was a common thing in every household back then, we just used to have Maggi and Knorr soup packets. They were nice and easy to make and that’s what we used to make our homemade soups! I would always look for new soups flavors and get really excited to try the new ones.
Now I make a lot of soups and yes everything from scratch. I love trying out new flavors.
One soup which I wanted to make this fall was Pumpkin Soup. I just had to because there are pumpkins everywhere and I know they are amazing in soups.
soups are generally served as appetizer and most commonly it is served with garlic bread or plain roasted bread, this combination is my favorite .
Note : We can use any type of pumpkin or butternut squash to make soup. Canned pumpkin puree also works well, if you’re in a time crunch.
I have topped with cream, for vegan, use coconut milk.
Pumpkin soup detailed video recipe :
Pumpkin soup recipe card :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Pumpkin soup with step by step :
1.In a large kadai heat 2 tbsp olive oil.
2. Saute 1 thinly sliced onions till it shrinks.
3. Saute 2 clove garlic.
4. Now add 2 cups sliced pumpkin. use any pumpkin of your choice.
5. Add ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper.
6. Saute for a minute or 2 till it changes colour slightly.
7. Add 2 cup Vegetable Broth/water and mix well.
8. Cover and boil for 15 minutes on medium heat.
9. Cook the pumpkin well and allow to cool lightly.
10. Transfer to the blender or food processor or immersion blender and blend to smooth paste.
11. Pour the prepared pumpkin soup into bowl and garnish with a tbsp of Heavy cream.
12. Serve pumpkin soup sprinkled with black pepper or store in refrigerator for a week and enjoy when required.