sabudana thalipeeth | साबूदाना थालीपीठ | Sago roti recipe with detailed photo and video recipe – sabudana thalipeeth are crisp and soft pancakes made with tapioca pearls, mashed potatoes, ground peanuts and spices.
Sabudana thalipeeth is made for religious fasting or vrat. Sabudana recipes are often made for religious fasting days. Usually I make sabudana vada, sabudana kheer , sabudana upma or sabudana khichdi during fasting.
Sabudana thalipeeth is a light snack and ideal for people who are fasting.
The way to make the mixture is same as sabudana vada. These also can be called as Sabudana roti. you can make sabudana vadas or sabudana thalipeeth from the same mixture.
About This Recipe Popular in Maharashtra and North Karnataka, Thalipeeth.
In this recipe we use very simple ingredients which we have at home. Green chillies adds the perfect spiciness, coriander leaves adds freshness and lemon juice the much needed tangy taste to compensate the spicy flavour of chillies. In this i love crushed peanuts in middle while eating. In this recipe i didn’t any flour to binding , we can also use whole wheat flour . This recipe is very special in Navratri vrat.
This Sabudana Thalipeeth recipe is perfect for toddlers since it’s easily digestible and has a good amount of dietary fiber.
Serve the Sabudana thalipeeth with any chutney or raita. I served with red spice chuntey .
Why my Sabudana Thalipeeth is breaking?
If dough is too dry, it might break while rolling. In this case, sprinkle a little water on the mixture and mix it again.
Sabudana thalipeeth Video detailed recipe :
Sabudana thalipeeth Recipe Card :
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Sabudana Thalipeeth with step by step :
1.In a large bowl take 1 cup sabudana and rinse well with running water.
2. Drain off and transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add 1 cup water and dip the sabudana completely in water. soak for 4 hours or until the sabudana turns soft and non-sticky. keep aside.
4. Once the soaking time is over, you will see that your Sabudana are fluffy and when you press the same, they will easily mash too.
5. In a pan dry roast ¼ cup peanut on low to medium lame.cool completely, and peel the skin of peanuts.Now crush the roasted peanuts coarsely. keep aside.
6. In a large bowl take soaked sabudana, 2 boiled potatoes, 1 tsp chilli paste, 1 tsp cumin, curry leaves.
7. Add 2 tbsp coriander leaves, 1 tsp lemon juice, roasted peanuts and 1 tsp salt.
8. squeeze and mix well making sure all the spices are well combined. (you can use wheat flour or rice flour for binding)prepare a soft dough. sabudana thalipeeth dough is ready.
TO PREPARE ON BANANA LEAF:
1.Grease the banana leaf with oil to prevent from sticking.
2. Take a large ball-sized thalipeeth dough and flatten.
3. Press and flatten making sure it is slightly thick, if it is thin, then there are chances for thalipeeth to break while frying.
4. Now flip over to hot tawa and press gently.After a minute, peel the banana leaf gently.
5. Flip over once the base is cooked.Now add oil and roast both sides until it turns slightly golden.
TO PREPARE ON PLASTIC SHEET:
1.Grease the plastic sheet with half tsp oil. Take ball sized dough and tap gently to a thick thickness.
2. Carefully remove from plastic sheetPlace into hot tawa on medium flamecook on both sides adding a tsp of oil until it turns golden brown.
3. Enjoy sabundana thalipeeth with spicy chutney.