Kodo millet is known as Kodra/Koden in Hindi,Harka in Kannada,Varugu Arisi in Tamil , Koovaragu in Malayalam & Arikelu in Telugu. The making of these dosas are similar to our normal regular dosa. That’s it … the result is super healthy nutrituous dosa. Kodo millet is an absolute weight watchers delight and diabetic friendly too . So if you are looking for some healthy breakfast options / trying to incorporate millets in your diet .. go ahead this kodo millet dosa surely fits your criteria . Apart from being healthy, it is tasty,easy n will surely receive thumbs’up from all .
In this kodo millet dosa recipe, I have used 3/4 cup raw rice, 2 cups kodo millet, 1/2 cup urad dal and 2 teapoons methi seeds. I have slightly increasTed the amount of methi seeds in this millet dosa recipe for its health benifits. The dosas turned out to be really good. he batter was very good to handle, you can make paper thin dosas or thick sponge dosas as per preference. As I said the taste of these dosas were too good and the flavor was also very good. No one could actually make out these were millet dosas.
To make millet dosa recipe you can use raw rice or just use millet exclusively. I like to use little raw rice in dosa recipes for making crispy dosas. You can use this batter to make crispy dosa, uthappam or even paniyaram.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Kodo Millet Dosa with Step by Step :
- Wash, kodo millet, raw rice, urad dal and methi seeds well. Soak in enough water for 4-6 hours.
2. Drain the water and grind to a very smooth batter. Use as less water as needed while grinding.
3. Set the batter for fermentation for 8 hours.
4. Once the batter is well fermented mix well and take the required amount of batter in a separate vessel.
5. Add salt and mix well.
6. Add about 1/4 cup water and bring the batter to spreadable consistency (slightly thinner than idli batter)
7. Heat a tava. once the tava is hot reduce the flame and pour a ladle full of batter. Spread well to make thin dosa. Increase the flame and cook the dosa well from both sides. Add oil towards the edges while cooking.Repeat the same to make more dosa.
8. Serve millet dosa hot with sambar or chutney.