Vegetable Fried Rice is a popular Indo – Chinese dish. This vegetable fried rice is quite easy to make at home. This recipe for veggie fried rice is chock full of colorful vegetables and is ready in just 20 minutes! This vegetarian fried rice is the perfect quick and easy side dish that the whole family will love.
Veg fried rice recipe a popular and flavored rice recipe made with cooked rice, finely chopped veggies, and seasoning ingredients.
This recipe starts with a blend of vegetables including cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, and garlic. Everything is cooked until tender on high heat.
Tips to make the best veg fried rice
- Always use non sticky rice. Rice should not mushy.
- Cool the rice completely before adding it to the pan.
- Always make veg fried rice on the highest flame this leads a unique aroma.
- Veg fried rice can be made without any sauce. But soya sauce imparts a flavor.
- After cooking the rice, adding a tbsp. of oil and tossing will prevent the rice grains from sticking up to each other.
To make Fried rice we can use different vegetables as we will. In this recipe, I have used cabbage, carrot, bell peppers, and Green onion. Fried rice does not use any other seasoning, other than soy sauce and vinegar.
Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe Video
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Vegetable Fried Rice with Step by Step
- Firstly, in a large kadai heat 2 tbsp oil and stir-fry 2 clove garlic and green chili
- Saute 2 tbsp spring onion, cabbage, green pepper and carrot.
- Add salt, stir fry on high flame without overcooking vegetables.
- Now add 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp vinegar. Stir-fry until the sauce is combined well.
- Keeping the flame on high, add cooked rice.
- Add 1 tsp pepper and ¼ tsp salt. Adjust the salt.
- Stir-fry by mixing well making sure rice grains won’t break.
- Add 2 tbsp spring onions/green onions/scallions for garnish.
- Enjoy veg fried rice hot.