Pesara Punugulu(పెసర పునుకులు) – Moong Dal Fritters with detailed photo and video recipe – In this recipe we made using green gram or split green gram. These are deep fried fritters that are tasty.
Andhra punugulu are often made with idli dosa batter and it is a popular street food in the coastal regions of andhra pradesh. Today’s pesara punugulu is a similar one made using split green gram.
These are crispy, very tasty and can be made on any festival occasions or as an evening snack. These are very easy to make when compared to the garelu.
During the festivals, if you are in a hurry , soak moong dal in warm water for atleast 1 hour and proceed . This tastes different but still good.
In this recipe i didn’t add any chopped onion, garlic and coriander. We can also added any toppings in this batter . It tastes good. We love to these plain and with gun powder.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Pesara Punugulu with step by step :
1.Wash and soak green moong dal for at least 4 to 6 hrs.
2. Drain and wash the dal and transfer into bowl.
3. Grind the soaked and drained moong dal, green chillis, ginger and salt to a paste. There is no need to add water while grinding.
4. The batter must be thick, thicker than the pesarratu consistency. Remove onto a dish .
5. Heat oil in a deep frying vessel. Once its piping hot, reduce flame to medium and drop a little mixture (about a tbsp) and fry the fritters to a golden brown color.
6. Keep stirring and fry till golden and evenly fried.
7. Remove the punugulu with slotted spoon and transfer into tissue paper. Serve hot over a cup of masala chai and andhra gun powder