custard recipe | fruit custard recipe is a simple milk based fruit sweet beverage which is typically consumed as dessert. typically custard is prepared with egg yolk and cream, but in this recipe we talk about eggless readymade custard powder which is prepared from corn flour.
Basically a creamy dish which contains various kinds of chopped fruits mixed with custard milk. commonly used fruits in this recipe are banana, apple, green grapes, black grapes and pomegranate. fruit salad with custard recipe can be extended by adding chocolate syrup and can be favourite for kids.
you can add any locally available fruits including strawberry, pear, orange, plum and even dry fruits.
I would recommend to use fresh full cream cows milk for this recipe. full cream milk would add more richness and flavour to this recipe. secondly, add the chopped fruits only after the custard milk is completely cooled down. if the fruits are added while the milk is still hot, it will not thicken. lastly, extended this recipe by adding cherries, tutti fruiti, plum, almonds, pista and even cashews or any dry fruits to prepare dry fruits custard.
Visit my other popular and related recipes collection like
How to make Fruit Custard with Step by Step :
HOW TO PREPARE CUSTARD MILK:
- Firstly, in a thick bottomed pan add milk.
2. stir occasionally and get the milk to boil.
3. meanwhile, in a bowl take 2 tbsp of custard powder. i have used vanilla flavor custard powder.
4. And add 3-4 tbsp of milk and mix well.
5. stir continuously, making sure there are no lumps formed in it.
6. once the milk has boiled, turn off the flame and pour the prepared custard mixture into it.
7. Also add sugar. adjust the amount of sugar if looking for more sweeter fruit custard.
8. Mix continuously, keeping the flame on low.
9. The milk changes colour to dark yellow.
10. Furthermore, it thickens slightly. adjust the consistency by cooking for long time.
11. Transfer to a small bowl and cool completely.
HOW TO PREPARE FRUIT CUSTARD:
- once the prepared custard milk has cooled completely, add chopped fruits of your choice.
2. Add red grapes, Banana, pomegranate seeds, mango ,apple and nuts.
3. cover and chill for 2 hours or more.
4. once the custard fruit salad has chilled, it turns more thick and creamy. finally, serve fruit custard chilled.